NEWBIE NEED TRAINING INSTRUCTIONS

Hey guys, I have been posting since last night on everything I can get my word on...hehhee....Coz I just got my car....whooo hooooo......and well I need someone to teach me on how to get into this Awesome of a car without scratching the leather and the bottom of the front dash. This is a used Nsx and I have noticed that the areas I have a hard time not hitting with my foot is worn out.....I have been moving the seat back and forth as a temporary fix......ANYONE WANT TO TEACH?????

Mike

Welcome to the club, and congrats on your purchase.

If you want to avoid hitting/scratching those pieces I would suggest getting in/out of the car slowly.

For me it's:

-right foot in
-sit and face outward
-bring left foot up and in slowly so it doesn't touch any panels
-and you're set to go

Do the reverse when gettig out.

I'm sure you'll learn your own technique once you've lived with the car a little longer.

Give us the specs on your car...

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

Two other tips:

1. Use the power seats to slide the seat all the way back before exiting the car, and do this as a habit every time you exit the car.

2. Avoid sliding across the outside side bolster of the seat while you're using Veleno's technique.

Before Forums Nazi strikes you with his whips, please look at the following thread
biggrin.gif

http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/005750.html

http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/002383.html

I agree w/the "slide seats back and one foot at a time" dealy. I'm dreading taking my car in for emissions in the morning though. The thought of those uncouth mofos handling my baby, grrrr! Well, I put a throw over the driver seat and secured it with safety pins, and am going to insist working the engine hatch myself. Wish me luck!

Jeeeeez, it is just a car. Not a museum piece.

So what if the leather gets worn.....it can be refurbished.

Jeeeeez, Andy, what's wrong with asking for advice on a technique that might result in a reduction in wear on the side bolster?

He's not asking whether he shouldn't drive the car in order to protect the leather. He's merely asking how to get in and out of the car in a way that reduces wear. In other words, he wants to drive the car and just wants some advice on how to get in and out. Seems like a perfectly reasonable question to me...

Originally posted by AndyVecsey:
Jeeeeez, it is just a car. Not a museum piece.

So what if the leather gets worn.....it can be refurbished.

What's wrong with taking care of something so it lasts as long as possible? By your argument, why bother parking in the back 40? If a door gets dinged, it can be repainted--right? Sheesh.

Back