Newbie in Nashville

Just a quick, very first post to thank each of you for all the information posted that was instrumental in my decision to purchase my first NSX. Back in '91 when I purchased an NSX "afterbirth" CRX Si, well everyone here knows what I really wanted. It took me about 11 years but I finally did it and couldn't be happier with my dream car.

Anyone in or around Nashville, TN should contact me for a little get together or maybe a drive in the country.

Thanks again for all the information that made me an expert buyer in the seller's eyes.

Welcome, KellyJoe! (Any relation to BillyBob? j/k
biggrin.gif
) I imagine you don't see many NSXs in cowboy country there..

Hey what can I say. They give us names like that back in Texas. It's always a conversation starter.

There is definitely not many around here. Have seen three in the eight years I've been here. Two were out of state passing through. I saw a guy about a month ago and I think we were both so stunned we just kinda looked at each others in awe and made no attempt to stop. I'd like to run across him again now that I know the proper passing another NSX etiquette.

KJ..........I remember reading a post just before this years NSXPO about a group of Nashville area NSXrs getting staged in Nashville for the trip to Dallas,they also mentioned a good tech in your area. Anyone recall this post? I will be in your area for the SEMA spring show in Feb.http://www.semaspringexpo.com/ keep intouch.
1993_NSX-.jpg
Originally posted by KellyJoe:
Hey what can I say. They give us names like that back in Texas. It's always a conversation starter.

There is definitely not many around here. Have seen three in the eight years I've been here. Two were out of state passing through. I saw a guy about a month ago and I think we were both so stunned we just kinda looked at each others in awe and made no attempt to stop. I'd like to run across him again now that I know the proper passing another NSX etiquette.

Nope sorry. It was another red one. You the guy in Jackson? (Have read alot here) Thanks for the info AKUDOUSAN, I'd definitely like to hook up with a good tech and fellow owners around here. Give a shout when you come to town.

Not the guy in Jackson I live 95 miles north of K-Town in Ky. I come to Nashville often on business via Bowling Green then down 65.My best time is 2.5 hrs.
Nope sorry. It was another red one. You the guy in Jackson? (Have read alot here) Thanks for the info AKUDOUSAN, I'd definitely like to hook up with a good tech and fellow owners around here. Give a shout when you come to town.

Welcome KellyJoe. I used to have a yellow '97 NSX-T in Gallatin. Moved her (and me) to LA about a year ago. You might want to take your NSX to Jim at Just Maintainin' in Hendersonville. His number is 82H-ONDA. He is an Acura certified mechanic as well as Lexus certified. He did all of the work on my NSX-T as well as my Lexus SC-400 befored I moved away. He always did excellent service on my cars. Tell him Mark Stepp with the yellow NSX sent you. He is a real fan of the NSX and will give your car TLC. I also hear the guy at Gary Force is good too, but I've never been there. Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by NSX-Ster (edited 16 December 2002).]

Nsx-ster Good to see that someone else hase the same NSX & SC-400 taste. Check web my website.[http://quicksitebuilder.cnet.com/rixnsx/QUOTE]Originally posted by NSX-Ster:
Welcome KellyJoe. I used to have a yellow '97 NSX-T in Gallatin. Moved her (and me) to LA about a year ago. You might want to take your NSX to Jim at Just Maintainin' in Hendersonville. His number is 824-HONDA. He is an Acura certified mechanic as well as Lexus certified. He did all of the work on my NSX-T as well as my Lexus SC-400 befored I moved away. He always did excellent service on my cars. Tell him Mark Stepp with the yellow NSX sent you. He is a real fan of the NSX and will give your car TLC. I also hear the guy at Gary Force is good too, but I've never been there. Good Luck![/QUOTE]

Originally posted by AKUDOUSAN:
Nsx-ster Good to see that someone else hase the same NSX & SC-400 taste. Check web my website.[http://quicksitebuilder.cnet.com/rixnsx/QUOTE]
Nice pics and kudos to your taste in cars as well! Are you from London? I'm originally from Lexington and have a few great friends in London.

London it still is. Lived in Scottsdale AZ about 10 years then finally made it back to the great metropolis of London Ha. How do you like Calif?
Originally posted by NSX-Ster:
Nsx-ster Good to see that someone else hase the same NSX & SC-400 taste. Check web my website.[http://quicksitebuilder.cnet.com/rixnsx/QUOTE]
Nice pics and kudos to your taste in cars as well! Are you from London? I'm originally from Lexington and have a few great friends in London.

I am the guy from Jackson. As for good service, I would certainly check into Barney Demonbreun @ Gary Force. I take my car to him exclusively (aside from the stuff I do myself).

I will certainly drop a line the next time I am over your way. Please do the same if you get over this way or there is a local NSXer get together. I'd love to see some sort of Smokies drive organized once the weather gets warm again (my X is in hibernation).

Originally posted by Markbert:
...check into Barney Demonbreun @ Gary Force...do the same if you get over this way or there is a local NSXer get together. I'd love to see some sort of Smokies drive organized once the weather gets warm again (my X is in hibernation).

Thanks for the info. I'll give a shout if I get out that way again. Was just through there on my way to Texas and back. I'd love to see a Smokies run also but hell, there are some great backroads right here in middle Tennessee. You gotta get it back out on sunny warm days like today. Even if it does take a week to see one.

Hi KellyJoe,

I live in Nashville in Green Hills, and own a red NSX (as well as a Speed Yellow Boxster S).

Occasionally (perhaps every 2-3 weeks) 3 to 4 of my car buddies and I get together and go out for a nice drive in the country (usually down in the Leipers Fork area), and then stop for a few beers at the Sportsmen's Lodge in Cool Springs. I'll e-mail you my phone # after I post this, and if you'll e-mail me yours, I'll make sure to call and invite you to our next get together. We'd love to include another car in our group. Just try to keep up...
smile.gif

Also, I host a car rally once a year called the Natchez Trace Rally, and my 4th one will be next spring, probably in late April. Last year I had 22 cars and 34 people attend, and we basically meet at my house, drive out to eat lunch at the Loveless Cafe, cruise down and back the Natchez Trace for 2-3 hours or so, and then come back to my house for some beer, wine, munchies and car talk. I love all sorts of cars, so I intentionally invite my friends with different cars. Last spring there were several Vipers, Ferrari's, I believe 4 or 5 Porsches (including a 550 Spyder replica), several S2000's, etc. I'll make sure to put you down if you'd like to come.

Barney at Gary Force is "the man" when it comes to NSX service in this part of the country. He posts on this forum as Barn Man. Just ask Lud, who drives eight hours to have Barn Man work on his car.

We had nine NSXs gather at Gary Force Acura in 2000 on the way to NSXPO 2000.

How do you like Calif? [/B]
As the song says"We love it" even though there's been rain this week. Had to put the targa back on my car. Going to Lexington for X-mas to see the parents and hopefully a little KY basketball!

KY basketball...
smile.gif

My parents have had season tickets since the games were moved from Memorial to Rupp, and I've been going to games since I was about 6 (I'm 45 now). Still have Adolph Rupp's, Dan Issel's, Mike Pratt's signatures in the autograph book I took to the games as a kid.

Just went up this past weekend and saw the Cat lose to Michigan State.
frown.gif

BTW, I grew up in Danville.

Originally posted by Mike O:
KY basketball...
smile.gif

My parents have had season tickets since the games were moved from Memorial to Rupp, and I've been going to games since I was about 6 (I'm 45 now). Still have Adolph Rupp's, Dan Issel's, Mike Pratt's signatures in the autograph book I took to the games as a kid.
Just went up this past weekend and saw the Cat lose to Michigan State.
frown.gif

BTW, I grew up in Danville.

Excellent Mike O. My parents have had tix since the late memorial days. Growing up, we lived next door to Dickie Parsons. His son, Ed, was my age so we connected on Rupp tickets and even got to go to Sat. scrimmages when I was 8yrs. old. Great times! They looked so good against NC. Hopefully, the Kats will get it together by March!

[This message has been edited by NSX-Ster (edited 17 December 2002).]

NSX-STER, Glad to here that you are going to see the folks in the Blue Grass. I will be going to Myrtle Beach to do the inlaw thing. Hope to meet you at the EXPO next year. My sister in law lives in Walnut Creek so we are going to make a 2 week road trip stopping at Mark Bash place and visiting friends in Scottsdale then try to hook up with some NSXs for the trip to Walnut Creek and wine country.So keep in touch! James
Originally posted by NSX-Ster:
How do you like Calif?
As the song says"We love it" even though there's been rain this week. Had to put the targa back on my car. Going to Lexington for X-mas to see the parents and hopefully a little KY basketball!

[/B]

[This message has been edited by AKUDOUSAN (edited 17 December 2002).]

NSX-STER, Glad to here that you are going to see the folks in the Blue Grass. I will be going to Myrtle Beach to do the inlaw thing. Hope to meet you at the EXPO next year. My sister in law lives in Walnut Creek so we are going to make a 2 week road trip stopping at Mark Bash place and visiting friends in Scottsdale then try to hook up with some NSXs for the trip to Walnut Creek and wine country.So keep in touch! James

[This message has been edited by AKUDOUSAN (edited 17 December 2002).]

Akudousan-
Enjoy the beach! I will for sure be at NSXPO next yr. Looking fwd. to meeting you there. good luck

Originally posted by Mike O:
Hi KellyJoe,

I live in Nashville in Green Hills, and own a red NSX (as well as a Speed Yellow Boxster S).

Occasionally (perhaps every 2-3 weeks) 3 to 4 of my car buddies and I get together and go out for a nice drive in the country (usually down in the Leipers Fork area), and then stop for a few beers at the Sportsmen's Lodge in Cool Springs. I'll e-mail you my phone # after I post this, and if you'll e-mail me yours, I'll make sure to call and invite you to our next get together. We'd love to include another car in our group. Just try to keep up...
smile.gif

Also, I host a car rally once a year called the Natchez Trace Rally, and my 4th one will be next spring, probably in late April. Last year I had 22 cars and 34 people attend, and we basically meet at my house, drive out to eat lunch at the Loveless Cafe, cruise down and back the Natchez Trace for 2-3 hours or so, and then come back to my house for some beer, wine, munchies and car talk. I love all sorts of cars, so I intentionally invite my friends with different cars. Last spring there were several Vipers, Ferrari's, I believe 4 or 5 Porsches (including a 550 Spyder replica), several S2000's, etc. I'll make sure to put you down if you'd like to come.

Drop me a line too if you are willing? Jackson isn't that far!

Back