newbie here, got the last '03 auto!

hello all,

I just got the last 2003 automatic, red/camel, maybe the last '03 off the line; I've had it for 5 days and love it; quite a difference from the C5 coupe I'll likely be selling shortly. I'll try to post pics shortly, and I look forward to getting to know the members of this fine forum.

An automatic? Wow, I didn't know that automatic was an option on the 2003. Can you tell me why you stick with the automatic because the performance differences between an automatic and manual are quite big?

The last 6-digits are a sequential serial number for that year (the FAQ entry on this topic can be found here). You have the 11th car produced for sale in the U.S. in 2003. It can't be the last car off the line for the 2003 model year as sales are typically ~200-250/yr, but it could be the last automatic car produced. Regardless, welcome and enjoy the car! Definitley post pics.

Look in the driver's door jamb for the white sticker with the Vin and some goverment standards crap. You will see the month and year ithe car was produced in the corner. I would bet it was quite a few months ago, but I would be interested to know.

Hey NG1994,

Congratulations and welcome to the NSX Prime family!!

I'm from Macomb County, MI so hope to see you - if ever we had a NSX owner's get together. I've never heard of any NSX meet here - yet :D .

Anybody else from Michigan besides payne, michigan nsx and nicholas421?

I'm over here in Grand Rapids. I've met at least three other owners in my area as well. Two of them frequent this board i believe too.

I am also from grand rapids, and frequently chicago. i hope to get a few rides in before the snow flies!

Yeah Woody.... if you ever get your car back! :p
At your current rate, you might get a ride in before next winter's snowfall. j/k :D

I got the car from McGrath Acura in Westmont, Illinois. Per the sticker on the doorjamb, it was built in August. I got the automatic as that's always been my preference; the '01 C5 I just sold this evening was an auto as well; the only thing I miss about that car is the gobs of low end torque; everything else is leagues ahead with the NSX, particularly the steering, build quality, and interior presentation. Nevertheless, the C5 gave me 38,000 miles of flawless service--it never once went to the shop except for routine service. It will be interesting to see whether the upcoming C6 addresses one of the major criticisms of the C5--the low-rent interior; clearly, the money in the C5 went to the powertrain and chassis. The only other car I considered was the 911 C4S but, in the end, I went with the one I was smitten with back in '90, and I don't regret it; I ordered my NSX in June, and it arrived last week. Thank you all for the warm welcome.

Congrats and welcome to the club. Post some pics, when u get a chance cuz i am sure a lot of us are envious and dying to see it..;)

Back