Newbie - Considering an NSX

Hello all,

I'm new to the site and considering a NSX in the future. But currently I have an 86 951 (944 Turbo). Its modded and is putting out about 300 at the wheels. Its a great ride when the boost is on but I'm starting to get tired of constantly working on every little (and sometimes big) thing that breaks.

I have always loved the style of the NSX and have thought about owning one. A buddy of mine has one and he let me take it for a spin. I liked it....different than the 951.....not as fast.....but definately more refined and the 951 doesnt draw attention like the NSX.

Anyway I will be attempting to sell the 951 and if I can get a good price I will start looking for an NSX.

So I will be lurking on this site for a while.....trying to learn as much as I can.

I'm not yet set on an NSX for sure......but I'm giving it serious consideration.

NSX-GUY said:
The problem with that page (as is rampant on the 'net), at least as far as prices go, is that there's no DATE on the page !!!

That price guideline chart does not look current to me (although the rest of the page is still worthwhile).

Yes I believe it may need to be updated

Yes it may need to be updated but its something that you can still go by. Now that the car is discontinued and plus with all the salvaged, totalled, abused ones out there. That will just make the clean, low mile ones, maintained ones either maintain value if not go up in value.

Prices have pretty bottomed out for the cars starting with 1991 unless with the following exception of condtion, miles or history.

I have decided to sell my red/black.
It hasn't passed moderation yet, so it isn't in the for sale section yet (can take a few days to be approved).

It is a 93 model, non-snap rign range, updated AC and passenger side airbag. Has about $12,000 worth of tasteful mods (comptech parts), and wheels.

Let me know if you are interested (shoot me a pm). The price is set at $37,250. Has 30,357 miles on it. There aren't may 93's left with this kinda mileage (93 through 97 are virtually identical, and what makes the 93 so attractive - that and most owners actually prefer the hardtop vs. the targa).

Good luck in whatever you do,

JM

johnny010 said:
I have decided to sell my red/black.
It hasn't passed moderation yet, so it isn't in the for sale section yet (can take a few days to be approved).

It is a 93 model, non-snap rign range, updated AC and passenger side airbag. Has about $12,000 worth of tasteful mods (comptech parts), and wheels.

Let me know if you are interested (shoot me a pm). The price is set at $37,250. Has 30,357 miles on it. There aren't may 93's left with this kinda mileage (93 through 97 are virtually identical, and what makes the 93 so attractive - that and most owners actually prefer the hardtop vs. the targa).

Good luck in whatever you do,

JM

I think you mean 91-96 are virtually identical. 91-94 5 speed of course being coupes and 95-96 are the targa 5 speeds. 97 and up was 6 speed, 3.2L intro with better brakes, better aluminum etc.

ediddynsx said:
I think you mean 91-96 are virtually identical. 91-94 5 speed of course being coupes and 95-96 are the targa 5 speeds. 97 and up was 6 speed, 3.2L intro with better brakes, better aluminum etc.

...I was close. 91 through 96....right on.

Back