newbi with question about ppi

Hi guys!

Newbie here. I'm looking to purchase an NSX in about 6 months or so and am looking at boards trying to find out all I can about the cars and what to look for when purchasing.

So my question is, what's PPI mean? I see it in a few posts. Please excuse me if this has been answered already, I haven't had time to look back at all the posts yet.

Thanks,

Jerry

Pre Purchase Inspection

Taking the car to a mechanic and having it fully checked out to discover any potential issues with the vehicle before you buy it.

Take it to an NSX-experienced mechanic......

Unless you are buying a local vehicle - be prepared to ask the seller to take the car to someone in their local area.

I have a question that regards the PPI. I am currently about to buy an NSX out of state and the owner has been very informative about his car and the history on it. I am going to have the PPI done before flying out to test drive and buy it.

Question is: He has a local Acura dealer that he has taken his car to for the maintainence but has noted that they had a little trouble getting the car on the lift due to how low it is.

There is also another dealer who has the capabilities and has no problem with the car being as low as it is, but it is a reptuable Nissan dealership where they have done many PPI's.

Should I just have him take it to the Acura for the PPI and see if it can be done or should I pay for it at the Nissan dealership where they will have no problems.

I need a little help as I am suppose to fly out next week and need this done before I get their.

Revhard191

Take it to an ACURA dealer. One with a NSX certified tech to do the PPI is your best bet.

Unless the Nissan dealership has an NSX certified mechanic (doubtful) then definitely take it to Acura and make sure the one who performs the inspection is NSX certified. If not go somewhere else.

I agree. A mechanic with a lot of NSX experience - whether it's at the dealer or an independent - can examine the car for problems that are specific to the NSX - whether the car is in snap ring range, aspirator fan noise, oil leaks around the cam seals, etc. Beware: some Acura dealers do a lot of NSX service, but some others don't.

When you take an NSX to a mechanic that does not have a lot of NSX experience, they can inspect the car for things that apply to all cars - exterior condition, interior condition, tire tread depth, brake pad thickness, etc. But they won't know about things that commonly fail on the NSX.

I have a question that regards the PPI. I am currently about to buy an NSX out of state and the owner has been very informative about his car and the history on it. I am going to have the PPI done before flying out to test drive and buy it.

Question is: He has a local Acura dealer that he has taken his car to for the maintainence but has noted that they had a little trouble getting the car on the lift due to how low it is.

There is also another dealer who has the capabilities and has no problem with the car being as low as it is, but it is a reptuable Nissan dealership where they have done many PPI's.

Should I just have him take it to the Acura for the PPI and see if it can be done or should I pay for it at the Nissan dealership where they will have no problems.

I need a little help as I am suppose to fly out next week and need this done before I get their.

Revhard191

Is the car lowered, if not I find this hard to believe but even if it is lowered the acura dealer still should be able to get it on the lift. The dealers here even install aftermarket springs.

Is the car lowered, if not I find this hard to believe but even if it is lowered the acura dealer still should be able to get it on the lift. The dealers here even install aftermarket springs.

Well to tell you the truth, I am looking at BTcog82's car and he has given me more then enough options, but figured it would be best to ask around. I am looking at flying out next friday to do the test drive and hopefully buy it, then drive it back to Souther California.

I will contact the dealerships that he mentioned that was local to him (Acura) and see if I can talk to them to see if they have a qualified NSX person to check out the car prior to me flying out next Thursday. He also mentioned that there was an Acura dealership in springfield, MO but that is about 100 miles away.

I am doing my homework on this car and he has been great to talk to and is willing to do anything that I request.

Anyone ever deal with this gentlemen? (BTcog82)

Thanks,

Revhard191

Back