NEWBE here

Just purchased a 92NSX--5spd--110k miles. Owner could not locate service/maint records. A check with local Acura Dealer revealed annual services but no record of TB/WP so that is first on my list. Any highly experienced independents in Louisville, Ky area?? I will probably handle fluids replacements myself--oil, trans, dif, brake, with synthetics. Could use a Factory Shop Manual-----anyone got one for sale? Where would the 6disc player be located--records show service but I didn't see the unit. Thanks Huck

It's in the trunk.

Welcome aboard Huck! Congrats on your purchase. Post some pics when you get a chance. Jay

Welcome Huck. You can find the CD Changer on the passenger side of the trunk. Flip the switch on the left side and it will lay flat down to add or remove CDs.

Finally got some time to chat---I bought the car "KentuckyNSX" that was posted on our for sale board. (see pics) It has some miles and some history but no svc documentation. A visit to the local dealer--he pulled down the Vin history and it goes back to 95--normal stuff (Oil chg, rear bks, cd changer) etc. but no TBWP so that is scheduled with Barn Man. I will be picking up the car on Jan 3rd. It seems to drive nice, looks nice, handles nice, nice, nice, nice! Now for reality check---the CD changer is NOT in the trunk so no telling what happend with that. The owner passed away 2 years ago (Ted Lissanuer from Fisherville, Ky). Did anyone know TED? I knew of the car for the past 15 years but didn't know Ted. (He must have been a fun car guy with a history of Porsche and Morgan).
So, all my reading puts the TBWP first on my list---that and having the car aligned for tire life verses road performance (been there, done that). The trans lock ring (vin 765) must be ok with 114k miles on it but Barney can check that out and a whole lot more. Finally fluid change and I think it should be ok for a bit. Anyone care to list by order of criticallity what they would recommend be checked out?_____.
In summary, I look forward to getting my car and DRIVING IT. I don't like garage queens----. I'm 65 and don't expect to be driving hard but do enjoy the fun. I put 60K miles on my 928S4 in 3 years----and smiled thru every mile!! Some guys said I was nuts to run the car that much--perhaps but I don't want to die with the car sitting pretty----I want to go out with both of us ----RUN TO THE GROUND---AND SMILING!
Merry Christmas and happy new year to all------Huck from Kentuck

In summary, I look forward to getting my car and DRIVING IT. I don't like garage queens----. I'm 65 and don't expect to be driving hard but do enjoy the fun. I put 60K miles on my 928S4 in 3 years----and smiled thru every mile!! Some guys said I was nuts to run the car that much--perhaps but I don't want to die with the car sitting pretty----I want to go out with both of us ----RUN TO THE GROUND---AND SMILING!

Well spoken and I agree 100%

Finally got some time to chat---I bought the car "KentuckyNSX" that was posted on our for sale board. (see pics) It has some miles and some history but no svc documentation. A visit to the local dealer--he pulled down the Vin history and it goes back to 95--normal stuff (Oil chg, rear bks, cd changer) etc. but no TBWP so that is scheduled with Barn Man. I will be picking up the car on Jan 3rd. It seems to drive nice, looks nice, handles nice, nice, nice, nice! Now for reality check---the CD changer is NOT in the trunk so no telling what happend with that. The owner passed away 2 years ago (Ted Lissanuer from Fisherville, Ky). Did anyone know TED? I knew of the car for the past 15 years but didn't know Ted. (He must have been a fun car guy with a history of Porsche and Morgan).
So, all my reading puts the TBWP first on my list---that and having the car aligned for tire life verses road performance (been there, done that). The trans lock ring (vin 765) must be ok with 114k miles on it but Barney can check that out and a whole lot more. Finally fluid change and I think it should be ok for a bit. Anyone care to list by order of criticallity what they would recommend be checked out?_____.

Hello Huck from Kentuck! which part of Louisville? I have lived there for 2 years now, you just missed myself and fourringpilot as we both sold ours last year :frown:

dont know where you're looking to service it, however i always drove to Cincy to get it serviced at Sourcensx shop.

enjoy the ride, hopefully I'll see you out on the road sometime :biggrin:

Hey, this thread ain't nuttin' w/o pics my friend:tongue:

Back