New'92 owner questions

WOW!! I can't believe it but I'm finally the owner of an NSX. Just got an immaculate white '92 last week in Miami and I feel like a little kid with an awesome new toy. My wife already thinks I love this car more than her...well?...nah!

Can anyone with experience please answer a couple questions
It came with a factory car cover and I'm going to drive it to work almost every day. A friend with a '92 NSX told me not to put the cover on and off every day because it will scratch the paint. Any ideas? I live in Orlando and the sun can get pretty hot so I thought the cover would help protect and keep it cleaner.
Also, just driving the past week I've noticed a yellow discoloration on the rear bumper and valence from the exhaust which looks tacky on this hot white sports car. It has RM oval exhaust/pipes. Anyway to eliminate/decrease this. Any special waxes, etc?? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• dsc00002.jpg
    dsc00002.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 212
Hi FeetFxr -

Congrats on your purchase. I hope it brings you many hours of pleasure.

As to your questions, I don't put my cover on until the car is clean. I figure that if there is dirt on the paint, and then I put the cover on, there is a chance the paint/surface will be scratched.

But hey, you have a white car and white cars will stay cooler and fade less than any other color (which is why I have a white daily driver). White was my first choice of colors with the NSX but couldn't find one in the condition I liked.

Can't help you with the yellow discoloration on the rear bumper and valence thing. Again, welcome and congratulations!

congrats on your purchase.

factory cover should not scratch. Completely clean or not, the minimal imperfections should not cause damage when you cover it.

Granted, dont bother to cover when youve got every bug in the county splatted on your car. Otherwise, shouldnt be a problem.

Again, congrats.

I use a car cover on my White NSX everyday. I do try to wash the car or wipe it down with those spray detailers before I put the cover on but it is not possible 100% of the time. I do notice some very light scratces in the clear coat in places but it always seems to buff out with swearl remover polishes. I'll be moving to a new house with covered garage and door so for now I just don't worry about the light clear coat swirls and will give the car a complete detail later. Still, I rather use the cover since I only have a car port right now and I can live with the light clear coat swirls than having the stray cats claws on the paint.

Back