New Z06

I actually like the headlights, very 360 Modena like. The hoodscoop seems to be hacked directly from a new Viper.

You mean the Ferrari 360 clones? But I wouldn't care b/c the build sheet looks AWESOME! You know what Chevy is saying to the industry with this car?

"I'm Z06 and I will kick your ass."

345's in back? Dry sump? 6 pot front calipers? This is just silly. I'm tearing up over here.

Actually, I prefer them to the stock headlights. I've always prefered pop-ups anyway....even the NSX looks better with hidden lights.

As much as I am not a fan of domestics, I gotta give credit where credit is due... The new Corvettes are some bad boys .. kicking butt, taking names, and at bargain prices compared to the competition.

I'm not a fan of how high up the rear vents are. To me they look either out of place or too small, I can't figure out which. I'm sure they're functional and all, but I liked the ones on the older Z06 better.

Having owned Corvettes, I hate to say it but..............WOW!! That car is a beast on paper!!!!!! Will it fall apart in your garage....this remains to be seen! Your garage is the only place anyone will be able to get close enough to see this thing!

Wonder how much the motor was detuned from the C5R and how much it takes to "retune" it back? God...I still want an NSX more though.

xxx said:
One of the guys on the website replied saying he thinks
"it'll run 11s forsure, possibly 10s."

OMG are you kidding me? The things some people say/think! :rolleyes:

What do you mean? I would be pretty certain that the car would break into the 11's if they put out those specs. I think 10's aren't possible without mods, but it might not take too much.

I am guessing it would run around 11.7 in the quarter, maybe around 11.2's with slicks and a good driver.

NetViper said:

After reading in that article how people go bananas over sneak photos,
I think I should start keeping a camera in my car at all times. I live in
a scenic desert area where dozens of western movies have been filmed,
and where car commercials and print advertising are frequently shot.
GM was in my neighborhood a few months ago filming Corvette advertising.

Tom Larkins said:
Wait until they get that thing ready for the track, its game on like it or not. Thats got some serious tweaking advantages and stock @ 2900lbs, good lord!!

Indeed.

Looking at this car again...it makes me want to cuss out of sheer joy.

Ponyboy said:
Indeed.

Looking at this car again...it makes me want to cuss out of sheer joy.

Price from what I read is 30K over the C6. So you are looking at nearly 80K. If that is accurate.

Still cheering?

NetViper said:
Price from what I read is 30K over the C6. So you are looking at nearly 80K. If that is accurate.

Still cheering?

Still cheering? Pfft, whatever. I'm dry humping the pics. :tongue:

Back