new york auto show thoughts

Went to the new york auto show tonight. First off, no NSX concept to be seen. Instead, Acura had the TLX on rotating display. Really? :confused:

I found the BMW x4 to be incredibly strange. I spent so much time looking at it from different angles. One minute I'm thinking, very wagon like. Next minute, compact SUV. Basically BMW mated an x1 and an x6 and it resulted in the x4. BMW's 4 door 4-series was a surprise. Wasn't the reasoning behind the 4-series coupe to distinguish the 3-series coupe (as the new 4-series) from the 3-series sedan? And now BMW also has a 2-series. Will anyone care?

The Cadillac Elmiraj was completely gangster. Stole the show in the luxury division. Very sleek design, huge doors, and LONG, very long.

Toyota FT-1. WOW!!!

Kia K900 was nice, but, who's going to pay 60k+ for this car? Kia K900 or Audi A7?

And the Subaru STI. I still like it, but the prior model year looked more aggressive. The 2015 STI fenders and quarter panels don't flare out like they used to. Its more Impreza-like now.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the FIAT girls. Very nice as well :smile:

Sigh, the TLX. "Sports sedan", "front wheel drive" and "torque converter" don't belong in the same press release, especially not next to "206hp"

I was also disappointed that the nsx wasn't there. The acura rep was very short with me when I asked why they didnt bring the car. I did happen to meet another owner from Puerto Rico who will probably become a member pf prime soon.
Just received the nsxpo email, and looking foward to seeing the car there.

I thought the show was pretty weak. It was like walking into 15 different dealerships versus a car show. Where were the concept cars? TLX on the rotating display made no sense, and I walked around the display 3 times thinking I was missing something. SRT was hidden next to Volvo with the Viper in a dark corner with matte grey paint! Why they did not bring a Snake Skinner green version I have not idea. The main car I wanted to see was the new Huracan but Lamborghini did not have a booth.

Two cars stole the show for me. The FT-1 was striking in person and I am in if they can actually produce something half as interesting. The other was the Z06 convertible in bright blue. Wow, that car is aggressive. Makes the base vette look tame.

1. Where are the photos from the "fiat girls" :tongue:
2. Don't get me started on BMW. They have 92 different models now. NINE TEE TWO. I gave up what their numbers and cars mean a long time ago. Even the sales people can't figure it out. They are coming out with a 9, so they have used every number under 10.
3. I would buy a Kia 900 in a heartbeat, I am so excited they came out with this car because the used ones will be selling for dirt.... And I can pickup a super luxury car with a great warranty for next to nothing. I already did this with a Hyundai Genesis sedan, 47K retail, 33K miles, mint and under full warranty, $17000. Thank you very much. Love it. Can't wait to upgrade to that 1/3 price used K900.

I thought the show was pretty weak. It was like walking into 15 different dealerships versus a car show. Where were the concept cars? TLX on the rotating display made no sense, and I walked around the display 3 times thinking I was missing something. SRT was hidden next to Volvo with the Viper in a dark corner with matte grey paint! Why they did not bring a Snake Skinner green version I have not idea. The main car I wanted to see was the new Huracan but Lamborghini did not have a booth.

Two cars stole the show for me. The FT-1 was striking in person and I am in if they can actually produce something half as interesting. The other was the Z06 convertible in bright blue. Wow, that car is aggressive. Makes the base vette look tame.

Ferrari was absent as well.

Very nice collection you've assembled!

Back