New York Auto Show Photos

We had a group of Northeasterners meet up for the public sneak preview today at the Auto Show. Everyone will be pleased to learn that the NSX had a constant crowd drooling over it and appeared to be one of the most popular displays. Overall, the general lineup of 2006 production vehicles is quite disappointing and "bland" but the 15 year old NSX still looks great after all this years. More photos will be uploaded over time at the following Gallery link: http://RSO.smugmug.com/gallery/451981/1/18213079

18213081-L.jpg

18213083-L.jpg

18213077-L.jpg

18213085-L.jpg

18213091-L.jpg

18213082-L.jpg

18213079-L.jpg

i was just here and i met a few people from this site...this is how i signed up becuase i love the NSX and it is one helluva fine automobile. I dont recall the members names but they did tell me all about this site. ONe thing about the show that i did like was the fact that since it was opening day, the crowds werent really there in the morning like around 11 o'clock

too bad this will the best last year that the NSX will be in this auto show :frown:

RSO 34 said:
The Three Stooges Limited Edition Rolls Royce Grill:

18215887-L.jpg

note that Bob forgot to post: Larry was standing on top of the Lotus Elise during this pose, that's why he appears taller than Tony and me. We had a good time, more because of the "company" than the exhibits. I agree with Bob, other than a few good looking models (not the cars) not much to look at other than a good looking white NSX (would have been better if it was yellow like last year!) :biggrin:

RPM217 said:
note that Bob forgot to post: Larry was standing on top of the Lotus Elise during this pose, that's why he appears taller than Tony and me. :biggrin:

That is hilarious, Roger.

Thanks for sharing top-notch photos, Bob.

TigerNSX said:
That is hilarious, Roger.

mmm......

So you want some technical advice, Tiger.... I am sure ROGER can help you in the future :):):):):):):)

The real reason I was standing on the Lotus, was to hide the hideous looking thing it is. It looks like a toad that was hit with a sledge hammer. I cannot beleive they could make a car so ugly. But that was the theme this year, "How ugly can we make all the cars", with the exception of Ford, dispite me actually admitting it, the Fords were awesome.

I do have a fondness for the White NSX, but that is where is stopped. This year they even just showed the same GT at Porsche:(. Boring.........

My short $.02
LarryB

PS: I better get over to the "short" driver thread and comment right away :rolleyes: j/k

Larry Bastanza said:
The real reason I was standing on the Lotus, was to hide the hideous looking thing it is. It looks like a toad that was hit with a sledge hammer. I cannot beleive they could make a car so ugly.

18215886-L.jpg

Larry Bastanza said:
mmm......

So you want some technical advice, Tiger.... I am sure ROGER can help you in the future :):):):):):):)

:biggrin:

Haha.. I am so sorry.. I am not sure if I can ask Roger for help. I don't want my tires to blow up.. :tongue:

TigerNSX said:
:biggrin:

Haha.. I am so sorry.. I am not sure if I can ask Roger for help. I don't want my tires to blow up.. :tongue:

OK, You have redeemed yourself. LOL.........................:):).

Bob,

I see you posted the best color for that ugly thing too :):). Damn, it just hurts to look at it.

Later,
LarryB

Sorry we missed the gang.Tricia and I enjoyed? :rolleyes: looking at the backs of heads all night.My impressions of the show,the show cars are giving us a more realistic view of the future from each manufacturer,the ford GT is stiring,the zo6 is an amazing blend of expensive stuff and cost cutting stuff.The CLS Merc which I love does not have much rear seat room.And where oh where was the specialty exihibits that in past years highlighted older exotics.Now only the jeep experience takes up the whole side venue.

Hi Guys,

As unique as unique-ness goes, the NSX was the only car at the show with a tape deck STANDARD! I don't know about you folks, but I liked the Exige! Disappointing was the Viper Coupe (GTS), that merely looked like the convertible but with a temprary looking hard top cap on top. I think they should have stuck to the original fastback design, even though I know that they had some engineering issues. Impressive was the Z06 in wild racing yellow!

I'll be in Cali. for a week to entertain some employment opportunities, so wish me well. See you all soon.

Cheers-

Nev

Don't lv us Nev!
Thanks for the pics Bob. Makes me feel like I was there.
Just got back from my trip up North. The cats and I enjoyed our time away.

Back