New York- Anyone checked out these NSXs

oil changed ever 500 miles??
Sure Don, doesn't everyone do it that way, take the car out for a drive, change the oil, wash/wax the car, fill it up with gas, change the clutch, hook up to battery tender, wait 6 months, drive the car and start the process all over again!!!:biggrin:

on the 15k car i have 3 questions:
Who puts a bra on a 1k per year driven car?
Also who changes oil every 500mi?
Also why are mats removed? ( a never driven 91 should have original mats in almost perfect condition.

Just my opinion

Hi, new to the forums here and in the market for a 91-93 NSX. I looked at the 91 w/32K today @ Cannillo. Overall the car is in very good shape and is in unmolested original condition. This snap-ring issue (which I just learned of today by reading the forums) and lack of timing belt service record has me a bit worried. Any advice to offer a new comer and potential buyer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi, new to the forums here and in the market for a 91-93 NSX. I looked at the 91 w/32K today @ Cannillo. Overall the car is in very good shape and is in unmolested original condition. This snap-ring issue (which I just learned of today by reading the forums) and lack of timing belt service record has me a bit worried. Any advice to offer a new comer and potential buyer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
You must do this immediately, use the lack of these services in negotiating your purchase price, make sure to get a PPI and check for any paintwork/frame damage. Don't know where Cannillo is, but get in touch with Larry Bastanza and see if you can get him to do the PPI for you, you'll sleep easier that way! Good Luck

Skafish--if you're interested in the car, have a prepurchase inspection done at an Acura dealer. Re: the timing belt service, if not done just have it done as soon as you get the car. It'll run you approx $1500 if a dealer does it ( includes water pump).
Re: the snap ring issue, if it's in the bad range, it doesn't mean that it will definitely break. Not all of them do. Being in the range means that it could be problematic. You could risk it , not have it done, and hope for the best. If that makes you skiddish, and you want it repaired preventively, the snap ring repair ( if nothing is broken) is about $2000. You can easily inspect the snap ring yourself before buying or ask the mechanic who does the ppi to take a peek at it. In my case ( a '92), the snap ring was broken , but about 3/4 of it was intact and I got no symptoms at all. However, when I removed the inspection bolt, there were pieces of it sitting in the hole!

These things should be used to negotiate the price.

FYI: Timing belt is recommended to be changed at least every 6 years regardlees of mileage.

I went there too right before I bought my NSX, Cannillo sold the damn car right in front of my face! You could eat off that Red NSX though.

Lol I bought it.

Yeah, I was the guy with the Silver S2000:
picture305no6.jpg

You actually did me a favor, 2 days later I found mine for $22,000 as you see it in this pic:
picture302yu8.jpg

After some TLC and an Exhaust mod and Painted calipers(among other things), it looks like this:
img2997cl3.jpg

img2993sh5.jpg

img2999kw5.jpg

img3016ve3.jpg

Thanks for your help. Do you have pics of yours since you got it from Cannillo?

Yeah, I was the guy with the Silver S2000:
picture305no6.jpg

You actually did me a favor, 2 days later I found mine for $22,000 as you see it in this pic:

Thanks for your help. Do you have pics of yours since you got it from Cannillo?

Not bad, how many miles? I'll take some pics of it tomorrow after I put the exhuast on. Cannillo was a royal pain in the ass to deal with, I wanted to choke him by the end of the transaction.

Not bad, how many miles? I'll take some pics of it tomorrow after I put the exhuast on. Cannillo was a royal pain in the ass to deal with, I wanted to choke him by the end of the transaction.

80k miles, but He gave me $16000 for the S2000 so I only had to pay the $6000 difference, plus he gave me the rims springs and a set of Privat Fahren rims. I'm selling the Privat wheels for $1000 with tires, you interested? 17x8 front 18x9 rear, tires are brand new. Here's a pic:
picture335ap3.jpg

Cannilo was an asshole with me as well, that's what turned me off of purchasing that NSX from him, Funny I wound up buying an 07 S2000:smile:

Back