New wheels on my WRX

Well not that new...about 2 wks old but finally took pics. Wanted to get an unbiased opinion from none Subaru drivers. Sorry for the quality of the pics...had to go to the lowest photo quality size to get them to fit on my mem card w. all my other pics. Need bigger mem. card. :o

Attachments

• tarmacii.jpg
    tarmacii.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
I'm sorry i don't like them, they look stock/small. As long as your happy thats what counts. Love the subaru blue, nice car! :)

Wrx is sweet, and I love the blue/gold color. They look good, but I might go for something a little racier. Maybe gold TE37s? Just a thought.

If it had to be multispoked gold, volk-ce28n in 18's yum. te37's in gold 18's would be nice too! :)

I'm extreme, 19inch gold five spoke avs would look awesome. They look fantastic on gt-r skylines too :D Obviously not as practical or the cheapest alternative though ;)

I actually prefer a larger wheel on the WRX. There's a number of them in my area with 18" inch setups that look real nice. Plus, I'm a five spoke man myself. :D JMHO

But still, it actually looks quite nice in an OEM way. They look like they belong with the car. A very reserved, understated look if that is what you had hoped to achieve. (Rotas, correct? If so, I'm sure you got a good price. :))

-Randy

FuryNSX said:
I actually prefer a larger wheel on the WRX. There's a number of them in my area with 18" inch setups that look real nice. Plus, I'm a five spoke man myself. :D JMHO

But still, it actually looks quite nice in an OEM way. They look like they belong with the car. A very reserved, understated look if that is what you had hoped to achieve. (Rotas, correct? If so, I'm sure you got a good price. :))

-Randy

Wow you hit the nail on the head. I am trying to get a reserved OEM look. Im just not planning on flashing it up too much or lowering the car...a must if you do 18"+ IMO on a WRX. Already went that route in the past. They are Rota Tarmac II's and yes I got an excellent price. :D They maybe a knock off of the Prodrive WRC car wheels, (probably why alot of people think they look so OEM), but its a good knock off. Only 1/2 pound heavier than the stock 16x6.5 ...these are 17x7.5.

ajnsx said:
I'm sorry i don't like them, they look stock/small. As long as your happy thats what counts. Love the subaru blue, nice car! :)

Hey thanks for tellin it like it is. Ive come to find people either like the gold look or hate the gold look, none in between. I am trying to go for a reserved/stock look though so I guess I've got that accomplished from your responses. :D

Hey thanks for tellin it like it is. Ive come to find people either like the gold look or hate the gold look, none in between. I am trying to go for a reserved/stock look though so I guess I've got that accomplished from your responses

I like the gold look, just like bigger wheels on the wrx, makes the most of those beautiful pumped guards. Its your car and its easy for people to tell you what to do, but you have to live with your decisions! I hated morons standing at the exit gate at car shows telling me to do burnouts ( i had eighteen inch momo's and custom paint) i wasnt gunna destroy expensive tyres 'cos some twit told me too.

Don't listen to them. It's a good look

You should listen, people have different taste, you cannot always expect what you want to hear. Just don't take it to heart, doesn't mean it wasn't the right choice :D

wrx

how do you like the car? i was thinking of getting that or the evo. however, i'm 40 and i can't shake the feeling i'll look like an idiot driving the car.

vince

Re: wrx

vdavie said:
how do you like the car? i was thinking of getting that or the evo. however, i'm 40 and i can't shake the feeling i'll look like an idiot driving the car.

vince

Coming from a G3 Integra, it was like night and day. My Integra felt more like a precise instrument, of course I drove it for 7 years w/ a number of suspension mods. I've had the WRX for about 2 months, still getting used to it. Obviously power delivery comes much quicker. There is turbo lag under 3000 rpms though. I am confident in the cars handling ability, just not my ability yet behind the wheel. I don't want to push it beyond my limits and it feels like its too easy to do at times...just because the boost is so intoxicating. My view on comparing Mitsu to Subaru....the Sube is going to give you more creature comforts and act more civilized. For this your going to have to sacrifice performance. The Mitsu on the other hand is an all out performance car. Stiff ride, more rattles, everything you would expect a raw sports car to be. It handles better, will yield lower lap times, and a virtual dead heat in a straight line. With that said, I love my Subaru and am very happy with my buying decision. It'll have to hold me over until my 1st NSX. :D Here is another pic with much better resolution.

Attachments

• lrs_side copy.jpg
    lrs_side copy.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 89
Back