New "Totalled" NSX

Hello All,

I regret to inform you that I have another VIN to add to the "totalled" list. Lud are you listening?

JH4NA1157MT000664

It is a '91 black/black with severe body damage to the rear and both quarter panels. If you are interested in the details, I will take this on a one on one basis, but sufice it to say that the insurance company was not willing to fix it. BTW, a tell tale sign will be the fact that I took the billet plates with the abridged VIN for memories sake. Don't know what I will do with them, but they seemed like a cool keepsake.

I'm keeping my options open, but I seem to find myself in a unique position to seriosly consider a '97 silver or a Zanardi. This prospect is REALLY heping me look on the "bright side".

Drive safely,

Kevin

Bummer. However, I think the Zanardi would be neat for a true enthusiast. There are several floating around now.

Good luck!
-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

[email protected]
http://www.ScienceofSpeed.com

Sorry to hear about your car! I trust you are OK which is good.

I'll add the VIN to the list..

Sorry to hear about it, Kevin.

But glad to hear that you're going to get back up on the 290 horses that threw you.

[This message has been edited by NSX36 (edited 13 May 2002).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
Sorry to hear about it, Kevin.

But glad to hear that you're going to get back up on the 290 horses that threw you.

Actually, it was 270 horses because he did say it was a '91 nsx that he was driving
smile.gif

What I meant was, get back up on the 290 horses that include the 270 horses that threw you.

Sheesh, you guys are getting to be as picky as... as picky as... me.
biggrin.gif

I'm keeping my options open, but I seem to find myself in a unique position to seriosly consider a '97 silver or a Zanardi. This prospect is REALLY heping me look on the "bright side".

Drive safely,

Kevin [/B]

Wow Kevin .......... glad you seem to be in good spirits and I hope the other party was not within your circle of friends .......

And yes join the 3.2L crowd, we are getting desperate with under representation in the aftermaket segment .......
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the well wishes, I must admit I was waiting to post a reply as I was hoping to update my Avatar with a picture of my crashed vehicle. What a differentiator!

Chris, don't know if I'm a "true enthusiast", but the prospect of a Zanardi keeps me up at night. I even replaced my wallpaper of last month's race photo with the new Zanardi pix that have been floating around. I think you know the ones I mean.

BTW, what NSXTASY understood is that I have always had my heart set on a '97+ so thus knew that that would be my replacement. Sure want a coupe though . . . Silver sure is beautiful . . .

NoClgDeg, my guess is that the drivetrain was not in the best shape. Don't know if this has any bearing, but my new clutch started to chatter after the accident. The dealer estimated $31,000 to repair . . . before removing a single panel from the car or driving it. I suspect further investigation would have provided further justification NOT to fix it. From the engine compartment forward, the car is in perfect shape . . . Did I mention that the Friday before, I got it out of the shop with a new hood and paint job? The front is still perfect.
wink.gif
Wow, that's a whole different story . . .

Hrant, the other party? Yes, I know the other party intimately . . . . now. Would you like to see all the white paint from . . . the wall?

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Glad to hear you're OK. Drop me an email note some time and I'd be happy to arrange to let you take the Zanardi out for test drive. BTW, a certain well known TX NSXer was selling Z-NSX #10 recently - if you're interested, I can forward you his email address. It's already SCed!

--twc

99 NSX-Z SC (360 RWHP)
95 Dinan M3 SC (300+ RWHP, aftercooled!)
95 BMW M3 (Bone Stock)

Kevin, could you please send me a private e-mail? I tried sending one to you and it says your disk quota is exceeded; perhaps you have a new e-mail address...?

Sure. Actually, I had an old e-mail up, but I just updated it. The truth of the matter is that I am responding via forum to check out my new avatar. Talk to you in a bit. Kevin

Back