New tool for the Garage

30 miles from The Dragon. On the TN side of cours
Picked up a little (but very heavy) tool to help assist in working under the car. Bend Pak model MD-6XP. Of course my car is too low to drive over without the assistance of some ramp. Driving on them is a lot easier than I originally thought.

I performed my first oil change a few days ago and it took me 15 minutes from the time I opened the door, drove up, lifted it up, waited 5 minutes for it all to drain out and replaced the filter. A tool I highly recommend.

DSC03100.JPG

How much, where from and what's the weight limit. Very nice though, hope you guys have fun on the Dragon this weekend, I can't make it.

Very nice! We'll all be over this weekend for an oil change! :biggrin:

Almost 1200 lb for the lift- wouldn't be relocating that too often! Still, would make garage time a lot more productive and easy. Nice ramp concept, too!

Something to ponder....

~Jon

I paid $1533 shipped to the freight company down the street. Picked it up with my trailer and brought it home. Home delivery would have been another $175 with lift gate service. It weighs around 950 lbs and can hold 6,000 lbs. I got it from asedeals.com

The entire back of the car is open. The only thing you could not remove is the gas tank and anything located directly under the seats. For the most part, the entire car is assessable.

Oil changes on me!!!!

http://www.asedeals.com/mid_rise_lift.html

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in this lift or any other bendpak lift, I can beat that price, or any other competitors price.
John :biggrin:
PS: Shipping is always free to a business address, with a $40 add for residential address (cont US)

That is awesome!

QUESTION: How hard would it be to actually cut into the cement and lay this flush with the ground? I guess you would cut into the concrete about 4 inches, repave it to look smooth and pretty, let cure, and then install lift. Pretty difficult I assume, but would that be cool?

John, We posted and pm'd you to price us two lifts, one like this, one bigger.
We spent 6 grand with someone else.
Did you not want to deal across the border?
Maybe I can still stop ours from coming if you come up with a better price.
Let us know.
Trev
MD-6XP (Trevor)
SP-7X (Ed)
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100695

I had this lift with custom ramps built for it. I sold it to another gear head who is now a NSX owner/prime member! Anyway, as stated, the middle of the car is not as accessible. However, with some patience I was able to do the headers on a NSX...nuts on the firewall side were more challenging due to the hydraulics in the way. Beauty of this versus a 2 post is that it takes up only 1 bay in the garage. I wanted to do the "cutout" in the concrete as well but I ended up moving/sold the lift. I now have a 4 post lift that also takes up only 1 bay. I use oem jacks to free wheel the car. It gives me access to the middle of the car but limits access by the wheel wells sometimes due to the ramps. Lastly, I would highly recommend a concrete cutout as it's a little pain in the rear to navigate around the lift (risk scratching the inside of the wheels). I even envisioned an aluminum diamond plate cover with hinges on both sides that would cover the lift when not in use..similar to the access covers to a basement/bomb shelter.

Jeff

This would be a great option to save all of your floor space. However, it would make it very difficult to move IMO. It is not too, too heavy, but to pull it out of that hole would be challenging without a hoist. I can't think of a reason as to why you would need to move it (lend to friend???), but it does roll easily enough that I would not want to pull it up and out if/when the need arose. But very clean install!
0602070958a.jpg

0604071704.jpg

Back