New to the NSX

The original black roof was supposed to enhance the "fighter jet" look of the early NSX.
Honda began painting the NSX roof body color in 1994 for a more modern look... And some owners of pre-'94's have since painted their roof to match. A highly debated topic, but it's all about personal preference.

Check out "changes by year" in the NSXprime FAQ.
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/changesbyyear.htm

As I recall the headlight change was in 2002 :biggrin: .
Also read the black top was to enhance / accentuate the long tail on the early cars, but was dropped in 1995 as it didn't look right with the T top removed. (most green 94's had green tops)
I believe later coupes could be purchased with the black top.
Saw a cool 2000 coupe with a black top at NSXPO, didn't ask if it was factory
but assumed it was. (Y2K) could shed some light on this. :biggrin:

NSX curious said:
I didn't see when the pop-up headlights were dropped. What year was that?

For 2002 they changed the headlights, front bumper, rear valence, taillights and wheels. Nothing's changed since then except the shift knob in '04 :confused:

I thought those new headlights were weird at first, but the design has grown on me in a big way! I'll definitely own a 2002-2005 NSX someday :biggrin:

I'm kind of partial to the early Black top models. It's the classic NSX look for sure, and another reason I thought they were so damn awesome when they first came out. Maybe I'm bias though, since I do have a 94 Red/Blk.

Can't beat the engineering.......full size go-kart.

Back