New to the forums!

Hi all, I'm a newbie here on the forums. I come from the Supra world and hope to own an NSX in the somewhat near future. Supras are my first love - I know just about everything there is to know about one - but I am just a car guy in general so there are a few cars I would like to add to my garage as I get older - and the NSX is one of them. I am just mesmerized by the beauty of these cars every time I see one and the refined, superb handling of these cars would be a nice contrast to the brute force of the Supra (boost is addicting folks! haha). Until that days comes however, I'm here to get immersed in the NSX world and learn as much as I can.

Thanks for the input! I guess you mean last generation. And yes I do. It's a '94 turbo, manual with only 43,000 miles - no way am I selling it, unless I could get a hardtop, as mine is a targa.

Welcome .. you may or may not be aware that this site has an NSX Wiki which can be accessed off the red action bar at the top of most pages. It has a number of sections, one of which is targeted at those considering purchasing an NSX. The Wiki is in lockdown at the moment but most of the content is still pretty accurate. The other thing you might want to do once you find a car is to do a Google search with the VIN and if it has ever appeared in any threads, it will be in the hit list. You can also go here (http://ojas.net/nsx/vin) first to make sure it passes an initial accuracy test .. you wouldn't believe how many people can't get the VIN right in an ad (or choose not to) which makes it hard to get good search results.

Welcome to the NSX community of knowledge lol. I was in the same shoes as you . Still have Tom Henderson's Supra. 966 wheel at 30lbs. My last NSX was probably around 265. It's a big difference however I Enjoy being in the NSX more. It feels more classy. The NSX will be the car that you want to drive more and the Supra is just good for that speed itch. Everybody wants to run you in a Supra but the NSX is more relaxed. Keep both and you'll have the best of both worlds like me :) Goodluck and welcome again

Welcome! The is the place to be if you're interested in an NSX.

If you're just as passionate about the NSX as your Supra, then I'd recommend getting a $25-30k NSX (high mileage 91-92'). That way you can familiarize yourself with it,make mistakes and know what to look for when you buy "the one". You'd be surprised how many member here are on their 2nd or even 3rd NSX.

Also, skip NA upgrades, go straight for FI if you feel the need for more power, and by the looks of it, you probably are since you've been spoiled by your Supra. You will soon learn it costs big $$$ to make power on this platform. $4k for 25hp NA, $10k for 100hp, $18k+ for 200hp+ :mad:

Last edited:
Welcome to the NSX community of knowledge lol. I was in the same shoes as you . Still have Tom Henderson's Supra. 966 wheel at 30lbs. My last NSX was probably around 265. It's a big difference however I Enjoy being in the NSX more. It feels more classy. The NSX will be the car that you want to drive more and the Supra is just good for that speed itch. Everybody wants to run you in a Supra but the NSX is more relaxed. Keep both and you'll have the best of both worlds like me :) Goodluck and welcome again

That is a beast of a car! But yep, it definitely sounds like the best of both worlds. Hopefully, I'll be in the same boat as you one day. I wish I knew somebody who owns one because I've never even sat in a seat. lol

Welcome! The is the place to be if you're interested in an NSX.

If you're just as passionate about the NSX as your Supra, then I'd recommend getting a $25-30k NSX (high mileage 91-92'). That way you can familiarize yourself with it,make mistakes and know what to look for when you buy "the one". You'd be surprised how many member here are on their 2nd or even 3rd

or on their sixth:tongue:

Here's a few pics I have on my phone. I bought it a year and a half ago. Original manual turbo with 39,995 miles on the clock when I picked it up. It has about 43,xxx now. Single turbo conversion making a conservative 450rwhp at the moment.
dy9amy4a.jpg

ra9asejy.jpg

emabu7u5.jpg

Here's a few pics I have on my phone. I bought it a year and a half ago. Original manual turbo with 39,995 miles on the clock when I picked it up. It has about 43,xxx now. Single turbo conversion making a conservative 450rwhp at the moment.
dy9amy4a.jpg

ra9asejy.jpg

emabu7u5.jpg

How did u use your phone to post pictures?

Back