New to prime posting.

Hello Prime,

My name is AJ. I live in The east Bay Area of California and the owner of a black on black 1991.
I work as a service supervisor and lead technician at service solutions group a company who specializes in high tech commercial cooking, refrigeration, and hvac equipment.

I have owned my car for about 3.5 years.
When I purchased it the car was thrashed and on a salvaged title. I got it at quite a deal so I overlooked just why it was salvaged. The owner claimed it was a drug reposession. I'm sure someone here knows the car well as the dummy who owned it at some point put a sunroof in it!!! Maybe one of you can inform me of its past.
The cars vin number is jh4na1154mt003103

The car when purchased had a fugly taitec jgtc front bumper and marga hills rocker panels and rear spats. All made from the same material surfboards are made from. The interior was just as crappy. Then there's the sunroof, ughhhh. The car was just compression tested at 335 psi per cylinder and dyno'd at 251 hp by Shad at driving ambition prior to sc purchase.
View attachment 120980View attachment 120979
Anyways, I have spend tens of thousands of dollars restoring the car and my list of things done are below.
I perform most of the work myself when I have free time and everyone's posts here have helped me greatly, Thank you all! I will post befor and after pics shortly.

New Oem front bumper
Df stacy rocker panels with door inserts
New starter
Dc headers
New Oem rear valence
Seibon type r spoiler
Replaced painted center tail light with Oem nsxr
Nsxr Jim badges
Sos car cover
Nsxr chassis bars top and bottom
Esm wheels to replace chrome lowenhart br-5's
Bc coilovers
New Oem center console
Sos carbon double din kit
Jl audio footwell subwoofer
Alpine type r component speakers
Alpine amplifier with sos trunk mount
Replaced missing trunk liner
Replaced missing license plate lighting
Replaced windshield, trim, and cowl with new.
Replaced k&n intake back to all new Oem parts
Df fender megaphone
Pioneer bt double din with back up cam
Sos door repair kit
Replaced type r shift boot with leather boot
Carbon shift knob
New main relay
Replaced a shut ct clutch with Oem unit
Replaced all missing fender liners and radiator duct
Removed ugly chrome tinting from windows.
Replaced bad reverse sensor
Replaced tons of missing Oem fasteners
Lastly, just ordered a ctsc from Shad this week for him to install and tune

The car already had the following:
Carbing strut bar
Custom leather seats
Taitec jgtc exhaust which I changed the tips to double wall. Way to loud for d.d. Thinking of replacing soon

Sunroof :eek:
How about pics:cool:

I live in El Sobrante up by the reservoir. Nice twisting roads up here.
No head gasket in the plans but I am running low boost so it should be ok I hope.
Pics will come later on today. Trust me, you don't want to see the sunroof.
I think I will be stuck with it for life unless I can find a seibon carbon roof cap to cover it but those are discontinued.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and the car was purchased from a guy in Los Angeles so I am certain someone from so cal probably knows the history.
The cars frame other then the huge hole in the roof is sound. No signs of front, rear, or side damage repair. You can let go of the wheel at 100 mph and it drives perfectly straight. The only reason why I bought it.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 120985View attachment 120986View attachment 120987View attachment 120988View attachment 120989View attachment 120990View attachment 120991View attachment 120992View attachment 120993The car as it is today.

- - - Updated - - -

The car also has shaved side markers which I think every nsX should have!!!

Huge improvement! With the car being black, the sunroof kinds of blends in better than if it was a lighter color. Kind of like a hot chick with big knockers who has a huge zit on her forehead. You barely even notice it.

Yes! Good point bubbadog until you are sober and in a well lit area! Then you, " notice things".

Thanks guys. I am patiently waiting for the sc kit to come in. I am having a tough time trying to figure out what exhaust I want. The jgtc is just so loud and as I age it becomes more juvenile to me.
I'd like something with a nice low tone that screams on wot but is factory sounding at 3500 rpm. I think I may go with ct gen 2. The resonated tips looks very nice. But the pride v2 sounds awesome. I'm having a hell of a time deciding.

I've heard both and the ct gen 2 is really quiet, only makes noise when you get on it. The pride v2 is that high pitch exotic sound, especially when paired with test pipes. They belong on two opposite sides of the spectrum.

Nice save and welcome.

Indeed Nice Save and Welcome to the NSX Madness:) Enjoy!

Dropped the car off to Shad today. I am very thankful this guy is a part of our community. He is friendly and he gives real life opinions and comments rather then sell you a bunch of shit you do not need. It sure was nice to unpack the new lysholm blower from the bubble wrap too. Very excited. Will post my dyno chart after completion. I know my car is in the best of hands with worry free installation.

Back