New to Forum, Seeking help with selection

Hello, I am new to the forum

I am interested in purchasing an NSX but am unsure as what to do at this time. I first started with the idea of picking up a 97 and rebuilding,s/c,suspension,02conversion,wheels, etc. I found that locating a low mile NSX in that year range (around 40k mi) @ 38-42000 then doing a conversion to 02 would cost me probably an additional 10k, making an 02 that runs 55k more sense to buy from the get go. At this point I am torn between a 99 with 20k miles for 45ish or an 02 with 36k miles for 55ish, the 99 will probably run about 10k to convert to 02 style(front,rear,diffuser), making the 02 a smarter buy. Any thoughts? and is it easy to mod the engine NA with decent results instead of going FI? Thank You...

I would get a real '02, rather than pay a lot of money to convert an earlier one, and risk that the newly painted body parts won't match perfectly.

NSXNXS said:
is it easy to mod the engine NA with decent results instead of going FI?
It depends on what you consider "decent results", and it depends on whether you mean "easy" or "inexpensive". ;)

Stick with the 02, its a smater buy on the long run and if you ever decide to sell it..you can get more money for the original than a car that is modfieded

Now I am looking at a brand new one lol. I am trying to figure out what I can buy one for though, there is one in miami for 76k w/ 23mi. The car buying process is always a pain in the @ss hagling with these dealers, I figure 74 would be a good buy. The other NSX's on auto trader are listed at 89k and I find it hard to believe the dealer will come down 15k. If you don't mind me asking what did some of you guys pay for a new one?

there is a thread on here somewhere about a dealer selling a brand new nsx for around $75,000. It had something to do with with an additional dealer holdback for 05 nsx's.

Theres one in colorado....it's an 05 yellow on yellow with 7,000 miles on it and he's selling it for $69,000. I just saw it 2days ago. You can pm me for info

NSXNXS said:
I am looking @ 74500k for a 05 red/onyx

I don't know that you will find someone willing to do that, but you might for a grand or so more. Looking at the big picture, you are spending that much money on car, what's a couple grand in the end. Not much in my book seeing as $75,000 for a brand new one is doing real well in my book.

I would honestly buy an 02 for less and have the exact same car for less money. I'm also against modifying anything because all it will do is decrease the value of your car in most situations, not increase it.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

But:

If you have found the car you want and will love, spend the extra $2K and forget the mystical $74500 number in your head. For the extra $1,500 I would buy what I wanted, whether it was a $10K car or $80K car.

If you have found the car you want and will love, spend the extra $2K and forget the mystical $74500 number in your head. For the extra $1,500 I would buy what I wanted, whether it was a $10K car or $80K car.

Good point B!

Jason
Brooklands NSX

I have a deal @ 75k. Procrastonating and debating now because an 02 might seem more realistic for my supercharging plans. Why the hell didnt acura beef up that motor when they redesigned the front/rear in 02?? A question I have been asking myself over and over

Back