New tire sizing question.....

Looking for any one that could give me a suggestion. Looking at getting new tires for an 04 on Bilsteins on lower perch. Currently running 18x8, 225/35/18 Front and 19 x 10.5, 285/30/19 in the rear. We have 5mm spacers in the rear to just clear the perch on the Bilsteins. The Bridgestone Potenzas are about done and way too harsh of a ride for my liking so I was looking for a softer ride but with great performance. I was suggested to look at Bridgestone RE-11 or the Yokohama AD-08 but they do not make these sizes. Curious if anyone has suggestions on other brands that would fit the bill or maybe a slightly different sizes F/R that would work but not look too terribly different, rub, etc. Thanks in advance guys......

Currently the car looks like this.

5954599159_018076251c_o1.jpg

The Bridgestone Potenzas are about done and way too harsh of a ride for my liking so I was looking for a softer ride but with great performance.
The harsh ride is caused by the short sidewalls that result from using 18"/19" wheels. You're already using oversized tires so there's simply no way to get around that. If you want a softer ride, the solution is to get smaller wheels. 17"/18" is a common aftermarket fitment, and lots of folks are using 16"/17" and 17"/17", both of which are available in stock as well as aftermarket wheels. Also, you can get supersticky "extreme performance" tires in NSX-friendly sizes for those smaller wheels, which (as you point out) are not available for the 18"/19" fitment.

Back