New stable mates for my NSX

As Peter Mills knows all so well, letting LarryG hang around the house can be a costly proposition. Well, unlike the many housing renovations that Larry has suggested as improvements to the Mills family home that have gone from his scribblings on scrap paper to reality, I have been bitten by that same curse of LarryG's ability to spend other peoples money.

I've managed to resist Larry's suggestions to extend my house into my patio area, to uproot my garage to rotate it 10 degrees simply by tearing it down and to add another door to the side of my house.

Well, this time I went with him to see where he purchased his 2005 Civic Hybrid which he will take delivery of this week only to find that Larry had put a deposit on the Accord on my behalf. While at the dealership, I purchased the 2005 Accord Hybrid that was delivered that same morning. Now, Larry's story will be that I simply wanted to one-up him on his purchase of the Civic Hybrid, but in reality I have been patiently waiting for the Accord Hybrid to arrive so I could perhaps get one...

Oh, and Larry keeps mumbling that I owe him the deposit, well..... we'll see:biggrin:

I won't get into how I am also the owner of a 1993 Civic which I purchased from .... yep, LarryG.

Here's a pic of my new Accord at the dealership before I take delivery next Tuesday...

12450546-M.jpg

Change of plans - picked up the new car on Friday!
12638038-M.jpg

12638039-M.jpg

Last edited:
thedon67 said:
Are you saying goodbye to the wrx?

C'mon Don, read his signature line, it looks like the WRX is gone already!!!, I do like Rich H's coming addition to his stable, that I want a ride in!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hi Tony,

Good luck with the Accord hybrid. They added a lot of extra aluminum to try to save weight from the battery pack found behind the rear seats....and therefore, as you will note, your rear seats cannot be folded down. No sun roof option either to save weight and put the car into another weight class...................AAAAHH.............HONDA,.....YOU'VE GOTTA LOVE 'EM!!! All things being equal, I thought that you would go for the STi!!!

Cheers and enjoy!

NevSX

Tony,
How much did you get for the WRX? Im possibly looking for a high-mileage, stick, WRX to replace my Talon Turbo.... If you havent traded it in yet let me know :smile:

RSO 34 said:
Well, it is about time that you make a purchase that Bags won't blame me for. Or will she??????????????

Congrats!
Bags isn't blaming you - actually I think she wants to blame larry but I am sure I could put a twist on it to make her shift the blame to you :biggrin:

Nev, At >100 miles per day I cringe when I put 93 octane gas into the WRX every 2 or 3 days. The Accord has higher HP and torque numbers than the WRX although probably not faster. If I need to, I can get the Honda roof rack to offset the lack of a fold down seat. Another plus is that the A/T and great lumbar support in the Accord will help reduce ciatic nerve troubles that my doctor blames as being aggravated by the use of a clutch. Who needs a sunroof, if it's gonna be that nice outside, I have the NSX :biggrin:

Plus you always have a ready source for on the spot ECT! :eek:

thedon67 said:
Thanks Tony. You are true gentlemen! Sigs are back.

Damn, you guys are fast, I was all set to blast Don and got beat!!!

'05 Accord Hybrid Graphite Pearl (0k)
'97 NSX-T Kaiser/Onyx (85k)
'93 Civic LX (141k)
'89 Accord LXi Green (275k)
['02 WRX WRC Blue (109k) sold]

Oh well, Don, at least you're still actuarily alive, so to speak!!!!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Spidy is back,,,wheew all's right with the world once again! :tongue:

Re: This one's just for you, Tony!

TonyD said:
Bob, is there some hidden reason you have this questionable icon stashed away?:redface:

Because it makes DocJohn feel as if all is right with the world.

Oh, and it helps that it bugs the crap out of you.

No wonder the car needs all those batteries :eek: Look at that display :tongue:

You'll have to dim the display at night or the glare will make you run right into that hot red NSX on 78 on his way back to Edison :biggrin:

Congrats on the new wheels (tis the season to spend big bucks fa la la ......). I look forward to hitchin a ride.

By the way Bob is that a preview of Spidey 3 "Gay Spidey Takes Manhattan" :confused:

Back