New SoCal Owner

Robert did a real good job performing the PPI for me. Highly recommended.

I browsed for quite sometime in search of the perfect NSX for me. AutoTempest, AutoTrader, etc.; I actually gave up and this ad popped up right as I lost hope. Thank you prime members and everyone else for convincing me not to buy an M3, 911, Supra, or Corvette. After seeing the NSX in person, there is no doubt it's a special car. The car isn't perfect but is almost stock. Rims are for trade if you have stock ones in the same dimension ^_^

IMG_0473.jpg

PO said this knob is not aftermarket and is straight from Acura, can anyone confirm this?
IMG_0477.jpg

After research, I'm still not convinced why the front wheels are smaller. Wouldn't that kill performance?
Besides WP/TB, what other obligatory maintenance should I immediately tackle?

Last edited:
I think we could be best friends (see avatar, I also just bought a sebring silver '91 this past saturday)

Congrats!! How are you enjoying the drive? Other common problems are window regulators/tracks (the plastic holders/fingers wear and warp, there's a kit out there that replaces this with metal), check hoses, make sure a/c blows cold, and maybe check the throttle linkage cable right by the throttle body (mine snapped :(.. but this doesn't seem common ).

The knob seems a bit fishy, it's definitely not stock-NSX but I can't be 100% sure it isn't acura made..

Last edited:
I think we could be best friends (see avatar, I also just bought a sebring silver '91 this past saturday)
tumblr_m9sbh0m0hZ1revsmeo1_500.gif

Step-Brothers-Meet-First-Time.gif

Congrats!! How are you enjoying the drive? Other common problems are window regulators/tracks (the plastic holders/fingers wear and warp, there's a kit out there that replaces this with metal), check hoses, make sure a/c blows cold, and maybe check the throttle linkage cable right by the throttle body (mine snapped :(.. but this doesn't seem common ).

The knob seems a bit fishy, it's definitely not stock-NSX but I can't be 100% sure it isn't acura made..

Haven't gotten to play with it much yet due to the rain and the fact that my nearest insurance agency's office is 40 miles away. So far I'm enjoying my first mid-engine, but it doesn't feel as go-cart as my completely stripped and tracked m3. That'll change.
The driver side window is slow to roll up. The A/C takes a minute to start blowing cold. PO bought Autozone hoses...Also needs new weather strippings...

I'm not too keen on where to get NSX maintenance parts at..

Last edited:
After research, I'm still not convinced why the front wheels are smaller. Wouldn't that kill performance?
It depends on what your definition of performance is. You can always go with 17/17 in NSX-R spec.

Congrats on the car and welcome aboard.

It depends on what your definition of performance is. You can always go with 17/17 in NSX-R spec.

Congrats on the car and welcome aboard.

Handling. Feel. Reponse.

By performance I was thinking it'd be counter-intuitive to have bigger wheels in the back which causes understeer.

Thanks, it has been a long time coming.

Last edited:
Handling. Feel. Reponse.

Thanks, it has been a long time coming.

Exactly all of that you get with Ad08/Direzza Z2, stiffer sways, koni yellow/bilstein hd combo on stock sized rims. This car does not really need more rubber for fronts. All it may need is all above and good driver. Enjoy

Back