New Shifter Kart / Fun-Rental Kart Track at Pacific Raceways!

For those of you who are aware of the performance of karts, especially shifter karts, there is a new track opening at Pacific Raceways. The track is located to the right as you drive into the Pacific Raceways facility. I know that Dan usually will set up an NSX-S2000 karting day at Pat's Acres down in Portland, but this in in our backyard. I know the owner and manager of the kart track and they are heavily involved in the National Karting Scene "Stars of Karting". I have been the owner of a shifter kart and have been to several tracks in the NW, and I have to say that this new track is amazing. They just paved the track last week and I was lucky enough to take a few demo laps on the North Course. The rental karts will be 9hp karts, more than enough to keep you entertained. Check out their website at www.pacificgp.com, they are trying to open the fun kart rentals this weekend and lapping days with your own competition karts in the next few weeks. I'm verified the track is 30 feet wide and about .82 miles long on the full course, straight-a-way is 790 ft.

HEY DAN - You should organized your summer event here, or someone should schedule a monthly meeting out there (maybe mid May on a Saturday). Time for me to get the shifter kart tuned. I encourage everyone to check this out. If you have never seen a shifter kart race, look for the National race that is scheduled for sometime in August I think, definitely check it out.

Hope to see you guys out there!

www.pacificgp.com
www.starsofkarting.com
www.superkartsusa.com

SUPPORT KARTING!

If anybody knows how to make the photos larger in the thread, please do so!

2009 Summer NSX/S2000 Karting Day

Date - July 12th Sunday

1.NSX-D
2.NA1/2-R
3.NSXDreamer2
4.4mulacar
5.titaniumdave
6.Richard S2K (Dan's guest)
7.Ken (Dan's guest)
8.Son (Dan's guest)
9.John Microsoft
10.NSX#75
11.Exige
12.FastFour
13.Hexangle
14.Jerry Peterson

Attachments

• IMG_0176.jpg
    IMG_0176.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0174.jpg
    IMG_0174.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0173.jpg
    IMG_0173.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0171.jpg
    IMG_0171.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 212
  • 11868.jpg
    11868.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Dang, I have been waiting for this for soooo long. Yes, this is basically in our back yard. I have many people that would love to come out for such event. Hopefully we can get as much NW NSX owers out here as possible.
This is cheap fun for those that don't want to risk the NSX (like me)
I am in:

1.NSX-D
2.NA1/2-R
3.?
4.?

Hey Dan, How about sometime in July for a date, 2nd or 3rd weekend? Maybe Saturday July 11th. You may want to set a date quickly and make sure there will not be a race that weekend.

if you want some competition, don't set it up on Saturday (I can't attend any Saturday meet because of work.) ;)

Let the smack talk begins.. :tongue:

BTW, this will get me to start on my way-overdue-diet.

I'm sure you can talk me into this I haven't been in a kart since I left road racing karts in 1989 to start racing formula cars. Formerly ran an Emmick laydown with Bill Bayh 135cc Komets and TKMs. Should be a kick I will have to drive up today and take a look at the track. I'm heading to my shop in Oregon to put a new gleason differential in my Atlantic this weekend, so this gives me an excuse to head up to the track and see what the winter has brought. I wish the Fiorito's would change the main track configuration back to the long straight and not through the old hot pits as it is currently.

Last edited:
Yes, I would love to have some competitions in this case. That's where fun begins really.

Since John Hudak turned pro now, I would like to see what kind of lap times he can crank out in a go kart.
I Think John might be busy on Saturdays also. Will see what kind of flexibility they have.

Yes, I would love to have some competitions in this case. That's where fun begins really.

Since John Hudak turned pro now, I would like to see what kind of lap times he can crank out in a go kart.
I Think John might be busy on Saturdays also. Will see what kind of flexibility they have.

it's all about sit-time when it comes down to it... but then if we all never been on this kart track, it'll be fair game.

Lets do a nsx NW club challenge for bragging right. :biggrin:

Sundays work for me as well. Will this be an NSX only smack down or shall we invite the S2000 group as well. We need to even out the field and add some weight to those who are below 160 lbs. Set it up, Dan!

Alright, SUNDAY it is.
Make it sometimes in July?
We can do a GrandPrix style with min. 9 persons $90/each.
Sorry Dean, but there's no ballast penalty in this case.:)
You just have to shed some lbs. before July...;)

If you make it July 12, I will come up and try to drag some of the lame ass Portland NSX'ers up there!

Thanks for getting thing going up there!

You still need to do Pat's...IMO

2009 Summer NSX - S2000 Karting Day

Date - July 12th Sunday

1.NSX-D
2.NA1/2-R
3.NSXDreamer2
4.4mulacar
5.titaniumdave
6. Richard (Dan's guest)
7. Ken (Dan's guest)
8. Son (Dan's guest)
9. Richard S2K (Dan's guest)
10. John Microsoft
11. ?
12. ?

I'll try my best to get that day off, but then my deliemma is that I met more than a few friends are equally excited and wanting to go as soon as the tracks opens.

I'm afraid I can't hold myself before July....:tongue:

I'd like to try and make it. Getting close to our due date, so I'm not sure, but sounds like a lot of fun!

Its Mikaela's 13th birthday, do they allow teenagers? This could be a fun birthday present for her:biggrin:

Its Mikaela's 13th birthday, do they allow teenagers? This could be a fun birthday present for her:biggrin:

of course, they may have taught her how to ride it too, but then I'm sure she had some basics already.. (she rides your quads at home right?)

***just called the track for you, they should open till 6-7pm tonight, but they could open later if they want to... As long as Makaela is tall enough to reach paddle and steering wheel, she's welcome to drive the rental kart.

Last edited:
Her birthday is July 12th, and yes, not only does she ride 250 quads, she drifts the 4 wheelers at 40mph. I would like to take her for the nsx event and have her show Dan how its really done:biggrin:

That looks like a great track configuration from the video.

Looking at their group pricing- one option would be to have several mini-grand prix's or with 15+ people an option would be to do a five plus team Enduro. :tongue:

http://www.pacificgp.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=139

john, come tomorrow and see if you really need an enduro..:wink: I'm sure Dan's working on it, but I'm not sure how many of us will survive an enduro.

Back