New Road & Track Blurb on next-gen NSX

TC

Experienced Member
From the Sept. issue of Road & Track:

...Under the NSX's hood will be a 4.5-liter or 5.0-liter V-10 that will produce at least 450 natually aspirated bhp - we hear manybe 500. It will probably feature SH-AWD, but there is a possibility of real-wheel drive. The car will make its debut sometime in late 2009 or 2010, with a price just north of the $100,000 mark.

Interesting that the speculation in the R&T article diverges considerably from other recent publications:

450-500 HP, when others are saying 550-600 HP.
Just over $100k, when others are saying over $150k.

I guess that is just reaffirms what we all have learned over the past 15 years, magazine articles on the future of the NSX have about as much credibility and accuracy of Miss Cleo.

From the Sept. issue of Road & Track:

...Under the NSX's hood will be a 4.5-liter or 5.0-liter V-10 that will produce at least 450 natually aspirated bhp - we hear manybe 500. It will probably feature SH-AWD, but there is a possibility of real-wheel drive. The car will make its debut sometime in late 2009 or 2010, with a price just north of the $100,000 mark.

Interesting that the speculation in the R&T article diverges considerably from other recent publications:

450-500 HP, when others are saying 550-600 HP.
Just over $100k, when others are saying over $150k.

I guess that is just reaffirms what we all have learned over the past 15 years, magazine articles on the future of the NSX have about as much credibility and accuracy of Miss Cleo.

Can't take those guys seriously. 4.5 liter and 400 or so HP is not a realistic number. Considering the fact that ALL other publications are stating 5.5 liter-ish with over 550HP.

You can't achieve the Nurburgring time of 7:37 with a car that size and only around 400hp.

I just got my Rod&Truck and saw that too. I like the styling but the car looks more like a GT car ( tiny rear seats, larger, heavier, big engine, etc. ) than our cars. Being in the car business I also read Automotive News and have been noticing the growing inventories of larger displacement cars like the new Challenger. It makes me wonder if the timing of this new NSX will be a dud - seems like maybe a light weight, mid engine, 3.0L V6 technologically advanced ( turbo/turbos? ) sports car might be more appropriate for this current market and going forward.

Last edited:
Back