New Remarks from Takeo Fukui

nothing new was stated about the NSX except that its development was a top priority of R&D and that it would be ready "soon". Mr. Fukui also joked that by the time the new NSX came to market, F1 cars would be running V8s and the NSX's V10 engine would make it faster than F1 machines.

This is from vtec.net today. Here's a link to the full article..

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=429757

Very interesting indeed.

So the V10 will be out when V8 engined F1 cars are out. Technically, that could mean from March '06 to whenever the FIA decides to change the engine formula.

Still, this is good news. The next NSX is a R&D priority...

VTEC-mulch_mode...

Ponyboy said:
Still, this is good news. The next NSX is a R&D priority...

Speak for yourself!?! That means this project will get sent to the back-burner... :biggrin:

ho6159_mower.jpg

Juice said:
Here is a hint: They will soon be track testing. The car is already in production.

Do you have proof? Not calling you a liar, I would just like to know what you know. :smile:

White92 said:
Do you have proof? Not calling you a liar, I would just like to know what you know. :smile:

"The Juice" has connections. AFAIK, he hasn't been wrong yet. I'm sure his wife will disagree with that though. ;)

Cool. I want some connections too. What else do you know? :biggrin:

Considering the price of the NSX-R GT, and the skip to a V10, one has to wonder: "What will it cost?"

More great news, however this commment "Mr. Fukui also joked that by the time the new NSX came to market, F1 cars would be running V8s " to me suggests only that the new NSX will come out after F1 cars go to V8's. That could mean anytime after and not soon.

We'll see. I can't wait to see what honda comes up with! If the Next NSX is fasting than the next gen F1 cars, people will be lining up for them! :biggrin:

Could honda put a camless + pneumatic valves engine in a production vehicule like the new NSX?

THAT would be ground breaking alright.

From the Motoring.Telegraph:

"Experienced Honda watchers were convinced we would get some news of a replacement for Honda's supercar, the NSX. And so we did - but not quite as they predicted. Honda president Takeo Fukui has made it clear that he expects some Formula One grand prix wins before he will authorise the production of the new NSX. "

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...22.xml&sSheet=/motoring/2005/10/22/ixmot.html

If true, that's a pretty dumb strategy. The V10 era of F1 is over, so building a V10 NSX but not launching it until the Honda V8 wins some races makes no sense - there is no tie-in. Also, the production of a car isn't a light switch that you can turn-on at a moments notice. A factory will have to be tooled-up, the supply chain put in place, workers trained, dealers prepped, cars tested to meet specific crash and emission standards and so forth. And then leave all of that staged but idle until some unpredictable event happens? Ridiculous. Is Fukui already backing away from his promise for a new NSX - just as he did when he promised in 2003 that the HSC would hit the market in 2 years?

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=660

Back