• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new Recaro "NSX Type-S replica" seats available from ScienceofSpeed

We're excited to offer new seats custom made by Recaro for ScienceofSpeed. Using the Pole Position seat, which is similar in shape to the OEM Recaro seat used in the Type-S and NSX-R performance versions of the NSX in Japan, we have several color combinations that are similar to the coverings used by Honda.

black leather outer / black suede inner
black leather outer / royal blue suede inner
black leather outer / graphite suede inner
black leather outer / light grey suede inner
black leather outer / red suede inner

The leather craftmanship is very impressive. Each seat has an embossed Recaro logo with FIA certification decals on the sides. The price of the seats are $1249.00 each. The seats are extremely comfortable (I prefer them to the stock seats for comfort and support). These seats are compatible with our new adjustable sliding seat rails. We are offering $100.00 discounts for packages with two seats and two rails.

rail info:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...oducts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/sliding_seat_rails/

picture of seat (full leather) - sorry, we do not have a photo of the suede yet
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ.../NSX/ScienceofSpeed/sliding_seat_rails/30.JPG

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris

Are these seats lighter than the stock ones? How much?

Yes, they are lighter, however, I do not have any figures available. I believe the net savings for both will be in the neighborhood of 30 lbs total reduction with the leather seats and rails. Next time we have a set out, I'll put them on a scale.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Chris,

I love these seats!

Q. I was wanting the ones with the black leather outer / orange inner... Will you be able to get them like this:

Attachments

• Type S Zero Recaro Seats.jpg
    Type S Zero Recaro Seats.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 2,610
I'm sorry, the orange color is not available.

Cheers,
-- Chris

AU_NSX said:
Chris,

I love these seats!

Q. I was wanting the ones with the black leather outer / orange inner... Will you be able to get them like this:

Chris

The $64K question. How many seats sets would we need to commit to buy from Recaro for them to take some of their red mesh material and make us a NA2 Type-R clone seat on a PP? A friend called today to tell me that he had just seen a Recaro seat in a store, with adjustable back, that had a red mesh close to the Type-R seat he had seen in Japan. So, Recaro have some red mesh in their seat line. And perforated alcantara is available in the US. And you have rails, and we have the money, and...?

Stay tuned, these are in development now.

Cheers,
-- Chris

serialNSXer said:
Chris

The $64K question. How many seats sets would we need to commit to buy from Recaro for them to take some of their red mesh material and make us a NA2 Type-R clone seat on a PP? A friend called today to tell me that he had just seen a Recaro seat in a store, with adjustable back, that had a red mesh close to the Type-R seat he had seen in Japan. So, Recaro have some red mesh in their seat line. And perforated alcantara is available in the US. And you have rails, and we have the money, and...?

Chris@SoS said:
Stay tuned, these are in development now. Cheers,
-- Chris
Chris, can you provide an update on this "R" seat project? Have you ordered seats, or will you wait to first see prototypes, before taking orders from the Prime community?

My question is if these seats give you as much head room as the OEM seats? When I put in my Sparco Torino's I lost some headroom that I would like to get back for when my helmet is on.

You gain about 1.5" of headroom clearance. I am 6'0" and can wear a helmet with out touching the headliner. My seat is not at the lowest position. The Torino is a bottom mount seat that has less headroom clearance than the factory seat as you mention.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Meeyatch1 said:
My question is if these seats give you as much head room as the OEM seats? When I put in my Sparco Torino's I lost some headroom that I would like to get back for when my helmet is on.

hi guys -- Just a quick update to let you know that we have the Type-S style seats shipping now. The NSX-R style seats will be arriving to us in about 2 weeks.

On a side note, big thanks to Brad Gill who recently helped us improve the user installation manual that is included with the seat rails. Brad's illustration talents took the manual to a whole new level. Thanks again Brad. Here's a sample from the guide:

seatrailpg3.gif

Chris@SoS said:
hi guys -- Just a quick update to let you know that we have the Type-S style seats shipping now. The NSX-R style seats will be arriving to us in about 2 weeks.
Chris

What are the main differences between the Type S and Type R seats?

Chris@SoS said:
...helped us improve the user installation manual that is included with the seat rails. [/img]
Glad I could help. :smile:
Let me spend a little more time in the New Recaro Pole Position Seats and I'll be ready to give you my assessment.

They share the same shell. The covering is leather / suede on the Type-S and fabric / suede on the NSX-R. You can see some photos above. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the review Brad :)

-- Chris

SoCalDude said:
Chris

What are the main differences between the Type S and Type R seats?

Chris

Any update on delivery of the first R seats? I think you mentioned April so I am checking in.

Last edited:
Any updates on availability of the NSX-R replicas? I need to get a set ordered for the new car...

hi guys -- We are patiently waiting for Recaro to release this new seat. Unfortunately, we have to be patient for this small order and big request while Recaro fills orders for hundreds of others of their standard order seats.

As soon as I have more details, I will fill you in.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Any pics of the type S leather / Suede? Black/Graphite would be ideal, but anything would be nice.

I have my Sparco Torino seats for sale....as soon as they sell I am getting a set of the Type-R seats from you. If you know anyone who wants a pair of Sparco's (or if you take trades) let me know.

I am 5"10 210lbs and am about a 38"-40" waist would I fit in these?

if so ill buy 2

Back