New purchase advice for a 2005 - HELP !!! jh4na21695s000123

OK - here is the background: 2005 NSX black on black with 42k miles. $57,000 with a few issues that I would have to take on. I'm ready to buy but was given the following recommendations for service/repairs. VIN jh4na21695s000123

- 60k service (recomended due to age) in the next year $1,360.
- Timing belt in the next year $2,250.
- Antifreeze resevoir seal is broken $325.
- Chromed wheeels are delaminating (recomended sandblast & powdercoat) $750.

Now the biggie: The current owner had a stereo company do a big job on the existing equipment. New double din, speakers, amp & sub. But, the company had to put the power steering resevoir tank in the glove compartment to make room for the sub. The NSX tech said it could overheat due to lack of ventilation. Has anyone had experience with this?

I want this car but I don't want to buy a headache...

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Last edited:
Re: New purchase advice for a 2005 - HELP !!!

...Now the biggie: The current owner had a stereo company do a big job on the existing equipment. New double din, speakers, amp & sub. But, the company had to put the power steering resevoir tank in the glove compartment to make room for the sub. The NSX tech said it could overheat due to lack of ventilation. Has anyone had experience with this?

I want this car but I don't want to buy a headache...

Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

There is no power steering resevoir for the NSX, it has an electric assisted steering rack with no fluid associated. Maybe it's the EPS computer module that has been relocated.

Yes sorry - not a lot of time with the car so far to get up on all the parts - It is a long silver metal box that takes up most of the glove compartment space. It is about 2" x 14" x ? deep and does have cooling fins.

I probably heard the tech wrong. Any thoughts on if this thing needs to be returned to it's original locations?

send me a pic of the wheels, maybe i will trade you for a set of stock 02+ :)

any car will need things... where are you located? finding a good 05 thats for sale is not easy!! took me between the two i have owned about 3 years combined to find them

I have a pic as an attachment.

The chrome is actually in good shape on the outside of the wheen where you can see it. We had to have it on a lift to see the delamination on the inside of the rim right where it returns into the tire.

The vehicle is in Denver, CO

Attachments

• 2005 Acura.jpg
    2005 Acura.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Yes sorry - not a lot of time with the car so far to get up on all the parts - It is a long silver metal box that takes up most of the glove compartment space. It is about 2" x 14" x ? deep and does have cooling fins.

I probably heard the tech wrong. Any thoughts on if this thing needs to be returned to it's original locations?

EPS module, this is common practice to move that to install a subwoofer. I haven't heard of anyone with problems. You can always just keep an eye on it and see how warm it does get, there are plenty of ways to ventilate it if necessary. Or you can put it back to stock. I think its a non-issue.

Arista5 I want your rims LOL

but those chrome 02+ rims do look nice

Arista you have the best rims already man. Wait til you see how they look stuffed with a BBK and some nice lug nuts sitting with a good ride height. I'll post pics soon.

Back