New proud owner of a '91 red/black NSX!!!

Hello to everyone.I would just like to say that I have enjoyed your site for some time,for I have been a fan of the NSX since it was born!But now I can finally say that I too own a"X"!!
I was looking for pics and opinions on prodrive 7 spoke wheels finished in Britishblack---looking to change the enkie aegis chrome ones that are on it now.Any comments are welcome.

Pascal said:
I was looking for pics and opinions on prodrive 7 spoke wheels finished in Britishblack---looking to change the enkie aegis chrome ones that are on it now.Any comments are welcome.
I hate black wheels, especially on a red car.

Maybe you could get the current wheels refinished in something other than chrome? Brushed aluminum with a clear coat, for example, looks great on red. And it would cost you less than buying a whole new set of wheels...

Welcome to the family. You will enjoy this forum a lot.

In regards to the wheels, I would go with a silver or anthracite color. I don't think black would work as well.

Congrats!

nsxtasy said:
I hate black wheels, especially on a red car.

Maybe you could get the current wheels refinished in something other than chrome? Brushed aluminum with a clear coat, for example, looks great on red. And it would cost you less than buying a whole new set of wheels...
The British Black is actually a shade of gray perhaps a touch darker than the 1994 OEM wheels.
Steve

Here's what you are looking for...and it is really a dark silver not black at all

DSCN1741.jpg

DSCN1733.jpg

welcome to the board pascal,

hmm.. I have to side with the guys against black or dark rims.. chrome or polished would definitely be better.. just my opinion.

TitaniumVtec said:
Here is a similar Prodrive on red. Needs more flash IMO.

Let me think... After seeing those gray wheels on the red X, you are starting to sway me against gray on red. At least those wheels pictured. I think gray/anthracite wheels give the car a racier look. Maybe the addition of a polished lip might help.

Back