New prospective owner

Hello--this is my first post on this forum. I'm in the process of selling my '85 Ferrari 308 and would like to give a try to an NSX as my next ride. I'm in Upstate NY and am beginning a search for a an earlier , ie '91--'95 . model, preferrably red, hopefully somewhere in the Mid-Atlantic/ New England regions. I've begun to rea up on the NSX w/i this forum and others and it seems like a pretty impressive car. Any tips in finding my first NSX or leads on cars would be most appreciated.

I've heard of the infamous snap-ring failure on some of the '91 and '92 cars. Are there any symptoms I should watch for in road testing these year models?

Welcome to NSX Prime Doc. :)

SnapRing is infamous alright, but only effects a minority of NSXs (which can be identified) and is repairable. In fact, some people buy a potential snap-ring NSX and wait until it happens - then get short gears since the transmission is being worked on. :tongue:

If you're worried about Snap-ring, read this detailing from the FAQ: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/transmission.htm

Any tips on finding your first NSX: you're at the best place! :D Check the "NSX Prime Marketplace" Forums -- the NSX for Sale might have what you're after, or post a request in the NSX wanted section. Keep checking back through the forums... plugging into this community will educate (and entertain) you immensely.

Hope this helps... and enjoy hope you get an NSX because it <B>IS</B> an impressive car. :D

Hey Doc!

A good friend of mine got rid of his 308 for an NSX last February.
He may have some good comparison stories for you.
I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you dropped him a Private Message.
T-Med (Terry).

Once you cruise through the FAQ section, you'll have more specific
questions. This site will be a good resource for you. Good luck on your search. :smile:

Just posted... I know a guy with a 1992 Red/Black, with 900 miles and welling to sell his NSX.

He is in Ohio, PM me for details.

Bram

Doc308 said:
Hello--this is my first post on this forum. I'm in the process of selling my '85 Ferrari 308 and would like to give a try to an NSX as my next ride. I'm in Upstate NY and am beginning a search for a an earlier , ie '91--'95 . model, preferrably red, hopefully somewhere in the Mid-Atlantic/ New England regions. I've begun to rea up on the NSX w/i this forum and others and it seems like a pretty impressive car. Any tips in finding my first NSX or leads on cars would be most appreciated.

I've heard of the infamous snap-ring failure on some of the '91 and '92 cars. Are there any symptoms I should watch for in road testing these year models?

Neon--thank you for the welcome, the link and tips!

Casper--I'd love to speak with your friend to get a first hand experiential comparison. How do I get in touch with him? Feel free to have him contact me at:<[email protected]> if he'd like as well.

Bram--you have a PM.

Doc308 said:
Casper--I'd love to speak with your friend to get a first hand experiential comparison. How do I get in touch with him? Feel free to have him contact me at:<[email protected]> if he'd like as well.

Click on "Members List" (Red Bar above)
Select "T"
Look up "T-Med"
Select the "Send a personal message" or "Send an e-mail"

I'm sure he'd be happy to speak with you.

Brad

Back