New prospective owner questions

Hello all

I'd like to own a NSX in the future so I have some questions that im hoping somebody could answer. I have been driving a s2000 for the last 6~7 years as my daily driver so most of my questions will be a comparison to s2000

1. in my s2000, crusing rpm at around 80mph is around 4400rpm, 70mph at around 3900 rpm, 60mph at around 3400 rpm. what are crusing rpm like in nsx?
2. interior noise especially on the freeway in s2000 is bad especially because it's convertible. how's nsx with noise? any diff between coupe and targa?
3. i absolutely love the gearbox of s2000.. how's nsx gearbox in comparison if somebody has driven/owned s2000?
4. mpg on nsx? i get around 27+ mpg on the s2000.
5. do you hear the engine from the back of your head?

i'm assuming nsx would be like s2000 but better in every aspect. i loved the s2000 as a daily driver, how do you like the nsx as a daily driver? i'm assuming it'd be better especially with better low rpm torque?

thanks!

1. in my s2000, crusing rpm at around 80mph is around 4400rpm, 70mph at around 3900 rpm, 60mph at around 3400 rpm. what are crusing rpm like in nsx?
picture42.jpg

2. interior noise especially on the freeway in s2000 is bad especially because it's convertible. how's nsx with noise? any diff between coupe and targa?
Not bad considering the type of car it is. I've ridden in both and there was no noticable difference with the top on.

3. i absolutely love the gearbox of s2000.. how's nsx gearbox in comparison if somebody has driven/owned s2000?
The NSX has one of the best feeling shifters out there, feels much better than an S2K IMO

I can get a litte above 25 cruising at 85 on the highway. 27-29 if I cruise around 55-65. City is in the teens.

Yes, it's awesome.

i'm assuming nsx would be like s2000 but better in every aspect.
That's pretty much how I sum up an NSX to anyone who hasn't driven one.

i loved the s2000 as a daily driver, how do you like the nsx as a daily driver? i'm assuming it'd be better especially with better low rpm torque?
I don't daily drive mine, but if I needed to I could, in 3 years it's been rock solid reliable. I would imagine it being quite a bit more comfortable as DD than an S2K is.

Here are my thoughts. I've owned both cars

The interior noise in the NSX is significantly reduced. I have a coupe though so I cant speak for the targa versions

IMO I liked the s2000 gear box much better since it was a direct link. The NSX has a shift linkage. I'm not saying it bad, but I liked the s2000 gear box more.

I would say the NSX gets around 22-25 MPG depending on how you drive

Yes, its the best part about owning an NSX :)

i'm assuming nsx would be like s2000 but better in every aspect. i loved the s2000 as a daily driver, how do you like the nsx as a daily driver? i'm assuming it'd be better especially with better low rpm torque?

I choose the nsx over the s2000 and haven't looked back. I dont daily drive it though. Depending on your location/budget, I would get a beater for a daily driver.

Hope that helps.

Back