New prospective owner needing help...

Hi All,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I haven't been on this site very long but for the time period that I have, it is most rewarding. Alot of great insight into these great exotic cars that Honda built. In saying all this, I myself am now ready to buy. I have two options I am currently looking at. The first is my most preferred but am not sure what I should make of the car. It is based in Texas and in speaking to the owner, I have been told the car is in great shape inside and out, and that the only real thing that bothers me is the clutch was replaced just recently. He has all the receipts on the car and the work that has been done to it. I have posted the link below to the auotrader website; I need to get some further insight from anyone on this car, if they are familiar with it. Also, this might be a long shot, but is there anyone on Prime that could be kind enough to check this car out first hand that resides in San Antonio TX. Thanks in advance everyone for any responses or help.<o:p></o:p>

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...mt=[ACURA[NSX[]][]]&listingId=333724429&Log=0

Cheers,

Well there you go, thank you for this, I should have looked a little harder. I am going to check out a Brookland Green 1994 NSX (link below) in New Market here in Canada. What does anyone know of this car? I spoke briefly to the dealership and they have said car has been serviced at an Acura Dealership with all Paperwork. Pictures speak for themselves as it seems like it's in great shape. I was hesitant at first with the Brooklands Green but It is very much starting to grow on me. What does everyone think of the price?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

http://wwwb.autotrader.ca/a/Acura/N...14853381_ON20080204113427062/?showcpo=ShowCPO

I looked at the car. It has been completely repainted and not a very good job either. Sort of reminded me of the old Earl Scheib offer to paint any car for $99.95 and all that they mask is the glass, wheels and lights. Everything else including trim gets painted. That should give you an idea of the quality of this paint job.

The current owner says he knows nothing about the accident reports and has no records on repairs and maintainence after two years of ownership. I suspect that the TBWP needs changed as well as fluids. Brake and clutch fluids were low and the engine runs rough. At 2500-3000 rpm the steering column shakes very noticeably so motor mounts could need replaced. The car has had a rough life I'm afraid. On the positive side, the oem wheels and the tires looked good. And at the right price it could be a decent project for modifying if that's what you want.

Thanks for looking into the car further, that is a definite no to me. Unfortunate that cars such as these have to be mistreated by owners :rolleyes:. Doesn't surprise me though, for some its a short term "Hey look at me" thing.

Back