New Primer and Prospective owner

Hey Primers, I am a prospective owner and I have been looking and looking and looking and looking... for the past year but seriously looking the last few months, ready to pull that trigger!:biggrin:
I must say Prime is a great forum and only keeps me pushing to find my NSX!
Anyway I hate that this is my first question but...I have done a search both wiki and forum but didn't see it, I am bit lost on this as I have never done one, PPI, how much does one typically cost?

When I bought mine, I just got a pre purchase inspection. Its similar to a motor vehicle ispection but without the sticker. Anything else thats not included with the MVI was more $

Hope this helps and good luck in your search.

I just went thru this. I had a local Acura dealer do one $49.95...but all they did was a walk around...checked brakes and battery. I was not happy..so I found an independant shop that dealt in highend cars and gave him a detailed list including comp test and leak down. He was 85 an hour and it cost me a little over 250. I am glad I did...one cyclinder was low on compression. Ended up being nothing major...just a valve adjust.

I will look and see if I still have my list and will post later.

Here is what I asked for

In addition to your standard PPI I would like to add the following considerations.

1) Check Brake pad wear
2)Compression test
3)Leak down test
4)Condition of spark plug wires
5)Test drive and check for any clutch slippage
6) close attention looking for any weapage or seepage on engine in addition to checking for any oil leaks.
7) Inspect for any previous body repair or repaint
8)Any door dings or dents anywhere on the body
9)Estimate how many rock chips on front of car a)0-5 b)5-10 c)10-20 d)20+
10) Any other deviancies that may effect value of a collectable car
11) Check condition of Air filter OEM or aftermarket

Please give me as comprehensive check over as possible. Seller is asking a premium price and I am willing to pay...but I am expecting close to concours material.

Back