New Owner

I decided to bite the bullet and give the NSX a try. I am now the owner of a nice 1994 dark green NSX. So far I've had a blast with the car and drove it about 1000 miles (700 miles for the return trip home). So far, it seems like a keeper! 30mpg on the highway, and plenty of pep for the mountain roads of northern california. I'm going to see how it fares at our local Auto-X this coming weekend.

13314pict3.jpg

Looks great. I'm taking mine out for it's first AutoX run this weekend too. Just topped one month of ownership and it's been great!

Congrat's and welomce to the cult of ownership.

A local owner here in Dana Point has a Brooklands Green 1994 and I think it's a very cool, very unusual color.

I'm sure I'm going to get blasted here but... don't be surprised if you are somewhat let down at the AutoX. The 3.0L NSX's stock gearing combined with a relatively long wheelbase do not make for the best Auto X car. But it will be very fun, nonetheless.

Congrats!!
I will agree with Da Hapa, the NSX is a track car, but not really good for an autocross. I would say the S2000 would be a much better Autocross Honda product, but the NSX excels in most other areas over most any car I have owned.

Congratulations on your purchase. You wont be disappointed. Looks like you're new to NSX prime too, so welcome to the family.

Don't let anyone talk your NSX down just because it's green; It's never easy being green. :D But at least you're in the league of <A HREF="http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57277">Conan</A> now. :p

Wow the rep of green cars.. I wouldn't have known :)
Thanks for the positive comments! The top is green, and i live on the coast near
Eureka. Our auto-X track is pretty wierd here, so it will be interesting to see how things go. it's a 2 day event so I am planning on running the first day with the NSX and the second with my Viper.. Considering that VW Rabbits are the Viper's archnemesis, the NSX hopefully should fall somewhere between the two.

NsXMas said:
Congrats!! I think I know the car you bought. It's a really nice, clean, low mileage NSX. Enjoy!!

And hope you sign up for NSXPO - it's right around the corner, and registration deadline is today!!

Definitely a different car i think than the one you are thinking of. This one is clean, but had 104k on the odo.

I think i will be passing on the NSXPO for the same reasons I pass on the VOI
(Viper Owner Invitational), but that would be a topic for a different thread :)
I do hope your event is a blast for all that attend.

smite said:
I think i will be passing on the NSXPO for the same reasons I pass on the VOI
(Viper Owner Invitational), but that would be a topic for a different thread :)
I do hope your event is a blast for all that attend.

Do tell... do tell...

NSX_Vu said:
What city? I grew up in Eureka. You are probably the only NSX in that area. :biggrin:

I'm in Susanville. There is one other NSX here and works where I do. We haven't gotten to gether yet as he doesn't seem to be a "Hard core" NSX owner.

I'm going to be in the Eureka area at the end of this month (Ferndale) with my NSX (if the weather will cooperate). If I do end up taking the NSx, I'll drop you a PM and maybe we can get together for a short introduction.

Have fun at the "X".

Congrats!! I have fond memories of a Brookland Green Pearl NSX that I used to drive. Now someone here on Prime owns it....go figure. :D

Back