New Owner

Well finally after lurking on this site for years and looking for NSX's and deciding whether it practical or not(damn engineers) I bought one today.
I appreciate all the advice I have read and received on this site. Anyway first things first the car is due for a timing belt and water pump change so that is schedule first thing Wednesday morning with Nabil at First Class Automotive. Other than that, she's in great shape. Kind of sucks not being able to drive it when you first get it, but I'd rather have piece of mind when I do drive it...for now I will be content to sit in it...and let the reality set in that I finally own one.

Will post pics in a little bit.

Thanks again for the help,

Carl

Hi from New Mexico.
When I moved to NM 1.5 years ago from NYC, I shipped my '91 NSX-- black/black. I owned the car for 4 years. I sold the car and replaced
it with a Boxster so I could have a convertible. The Boxster was fun for about
6 months. It handled well and looked nice, but it lacked the "glance back" factor of my NSX. When you get your NSX full-time you'll know what I mean by the "glance back" factor-- the number of times you glance back at the car when you leave it. Then there's the "I can't believe this is my car" factor and the "involuntary smile factor" as you approach it.

Well one Boxster and one 1980 Carrera later (add a '91 MR2 for good measure) and I'm just about to wrap up a deal for either a '95 or '98 Targa--
green ('95) or yellow ('98)-- the sun and an NSX again.

Good luck. I can't wait for mine again. In the NSX community-- I have strayed-- and I've learned the wrongs of my ways.

Larry

NSX&RX7 said:
I moved to NM 1.5 years ago from NYC
That was a bad move for proximity to NSXPO 2004, but a good move for proximity to NSXPO 2005. If you had waited till now to move, it would have been perfect. :D

clr1024

Congrats!!! welcome to the NSX Family....
post some pix.

Thanks guys.
I know it may sound weird, but I actually owned an NSX less than a year ago.
I sold the car and bought a '99 Boxster because I wanted a convertible here in New Mexico. After a few months the Boxster bored me. I missed my NSX
and decided that today. on my birthday, to get myself a present-- a '98 Yellow Targa. Feels great to back here. Larry

OK so I finally got some pictures of the car this past weekend. :biggrin:
Still keep doing the look back to the car when I get out and walk away...wonder if that will ever change.

Attachments

• 188_8893.JPG
    188_8893.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 464
  • 188_8884.JPG
    188_8884.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 442
CIRLC24,

That second glance look never gets old. I remember the post I had the night I got my car, I awoke twice in the middle of the night and looked out my window to make sure it wasnt a dream!! :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smil

Congrats on your new car!! The 'look back' usually stays with you. I have been looking back at my NSX's for several years now, and the feeling never gets old. Plus, like others have said, the smile that is on your face when you walk up to the car in involuntary, but always there. You will find out as you grow to love the NSX more and more. There are still times where I will go out in to the garage and just sit in the car and think, 'Man....this is all mine,' and just smile from ear to ear. :biggrin:

clr1024 said:
... car is due for a timing belt and water pump change ...Kind of sucks not being able to drive it when you first get it,
I know the feeling. I went thru the same thing when I bought mine.
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOU NEW PURCHASE CARL!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Back