New owner

I just purchased this NSX from my brother, prime member bryonj. I have always loved the NSX but never really thought I would own one until my brother asked if I wanted to buy it because he needed to make room for a F430 spider.
Besides being nice enough to give me a great deal on the NSX my brother also invited to me to Cavallino the Ferrari car show in Palm Beach where he took delivery of his F430 and even let me drive it on the track.
Since the NSX showed up in January it has been living at my detail shop. www.steamboatdetailing.com
So far I have tinted the windows, added a little more clearbra and spent about 20 hours buffing.
Next on the list is painting the calipers, tune up, timing belt and water pump. Unfortunitlly living in Steamboat Springs Colorado I still have a few months to get the rest of the to do list wrapped up before the roads thaw out.
Sorry for the bad pictures I will upload some more tonight.
Thanks to the whole prime community for all the great info here, I have been lurking and learning for the last few months.
Travis

Attachments

• nsx.jpg
    nsx.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 166
Congrats and welcome to the community

You lucky dog. LOL. Have fun with it. Its a pretty amazing car.

I just purchased this NSX from my brother, prime member bryonj. I have always loved the NSX but never really thought I would own one until my brother asked if I wanted to buy it because he needed to make room for a F430 spider.
Besides being nice enough to give me a great deal on the NSX my brother also invited to me to Cavallino the Ferrari car show in Palm Beach where he took delivery of his F430 and even let me drive it on the track.
Since the NSX showed up in January it has been living at my detail shop. www.steamboatdetailing.com
So far I have tinted the windows, added a little more clearbra and spent about 20 hours buffing.
Next on the list is painting the calipers, tune up, timing belt and water pump. Unfortunitlly living in Steamboat Springs Colorado I still have a few months to get the rest of the to do list wrapped up before the roads thaw out.
Sorry for the bad pictures I will upload some more tonight.
Thanks to the whole prime community for all the great info here, I have been lurking and learning for the last few months.
Travis

what brand/shade tint do you suggest for the nsx?

nice what a great brother you have. I was thinking of doing the same thing for my little brother he is 21 so I might wait till he has a few more years of driving under his belt before I give him the news. LOL

Awesome. def keep it in the family. atleast you know it was taken care of and not beat shitless

Captainjam, as far as tint goes the main thing is finding a good and experienced installer. There are many manufacturers out there, a general rule is to stay away from film made in India. There are many good tint manufacturers but a few that come to mind are Suntek, LLumar, Johnson. For what shade / how dark each state has different laws and fines but a 35% film is still easy to see out of. If you go as dark as 20% or darker it does make it a little difficult to see out of at night and is illegal to go that dark on the front two windows in most states.
For anyone thinking of clearbra, 3M ages the best when neglected on a daily driver but for a NSX that is usually kept clean most brands of clearbra will look good for years.

Attachments

• 20110128155446.jpg
    20110128155446.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 20110128155513.jpg
    20110128155513.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 48
  • NSX 009.jpg
    NSX 009.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 47
Congratulations! And welcome to the club :smile:

Beautiful place Steamboat, been there twice!

Back