New Owner

Hello to everyone on this forum,

One of my good friend left the country and have "inherited" his NSX. As a new owner of the red 96 NSXT and have learned a lot from reading the postings on this forum the last 2 weeks.

I am planning to upgrade the rear spoiler and have been looking at these 2 options:

Congrats and welcome!

I personally like the look of the DF spoiler over the Taitec.

Post some pics.

Here's a picture I took using my cell phone. Will post more when the weather gets better.

Attachments

• IMG00027-20100207-1220.jpg
    IMG00027-20100207-1220.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 282
Congrats and welcome to "the club".

Before you get the spoiler save up and get new rims! I am not a fan of black rims on any car,, get the OEM's back on it,, Red with the Oem silver polished is so much better,,,,black rims UG... but another note welcome to the club,, what happens when he comes back from where ever he went? will he want his car back or did you buy it from him? reason im asking,, its hard to give this car up, and even harder to give it back!! yikes I would cry!

Interesting... I thought the rims looks pretty good and I was thinking the first mod should be the spoiler. He relocated back to his country and transferred the title to me.

I don't have any experience with the taitec version, but I do have the downforce CF wing you mentioned. Installation is easy. The downforce wing uses the same 6 nuts & washers used to mount the oem wing, so all you have to do is swap them over. The LED brake light on the wing is just a positive and ground wire, so basic solder connection should work.

Welcome to Prime :smile:
Everyone has different taste in wheels. If you like them keep what you got. I think they look good. I prefer the DF spoiler too but it costs more. The best mods on the NSX always do. The hard part is to enjoy the car without getting bit by the mod bug.

Yes , those wheels are great - you may want to think about a set of side skirts as well as the spoiler.

I believe mine is from Taitec since it is ordered thru GT-One. The centre CF is basically CF wrapped around plastic. Not 3rd brake light as well. Paid a fortune for this but quality is lower than Downforce.

Decided to go with the Jetz Racing wing instead. Just placed the order. Thanks for all your suggestions and comments.

Here are a few more pictures as promised.

Attachments

• NSXPost1.jpg
    NSXPost1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 79
  • NSXPost2.jpg
    NSXPost2.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 77
  • NSXPost3.jpg
    NSXPost3.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 69
Now thats a gift! :D

Definitely go for the Type R spoiler, and then go maybe for some Stacey style side skirts.

I feel that the NSX looks best either plain vanilla, OR with the combo of the ducted hood AND the NSX-R spoiler.

No surprise there... the R hood and spoiler come together OEM, after all.

Its a visual thing... Once the front is "busy" with either a more pronounced lip or the ducted hood, the rear starts to look "flat". The R style rear spoiler is an awesome way to even that out visually, stay true to an OEM look (if that matters to you - it does for me) and not be too outrageous.

Welcome aboard and enjoy! oh! and +1 on keeping the wheels... I think they look great and love the black/red contrast.

Last edited:
Back