New owner within....3-4 hours :-)

So here I sit in the airport at my town of colorado springs, co. In about 20 minutes, I will be boarding on flight 2215 to houston, TX. Then when I get out to curbside pick up :-) Hopefully will be my new wheels, a black/tan acura NSX. Do you have any idea how NERVOUS I AM!!!!! It's a combination of excitment and nervousness! Yikes!

So the drive can be done in one day no problem... BUT I'm gonna make this 1000 or so drive in 3 days. Cruise the texas country side, make an overnight stay or two at an old flame's in abilene :biggrin: then cruise the rest of the drive back through colorado..... Yeah, I am VERY nervous, VERY anxious.

Will definitely take pics and keep yall posted!

:smile: Congratulation, you will have fun driving home. I love driving long distance in the NSX.

The nervous will all go away when you start it up for the first time and realize its all yours.

by this time you must be at the old flame's place......so, is it hard to get out of the car and into her arms, or did you p@#$% her off by talking about your car all night...tough...isn't it:smile: congrats and have a great time....isn't it the easiest car to drive?

wow... cool story. Let us know how it goes! Exactly what i want to do when i pick mine up... nice long road trip home to get aquainted with the girl.

Well, i'm not home yet but I'm in Abilene, TX right now. Amazing how such a short distance can take SOOO long. I didn't get to see much from houston to here because I'm driving in the dark but I did get to meet some interesting folks on the way, lol. No joke though folks, the car gets LOTS of attention. I've had girls wandering up to me wondering if I'm lost and all I'm doing is standing next to the car checking out the map for what cities to look for. Well atleast their excuse isn't lame and they get to check her out. Every stop though, she sure turns heads. I'm loving it already! It's amazing though how what you have is never enough and the list of upgrades just grows, and grows and grows!

She isn't perfect and has a couple flaws but she's still one mighty fine lady. Nothing a lil money and precisions surgery couldn't fix, lol. I knew the car would be quick and fast, but NOT anything like what I truely experienced. Yikes! She's got one mean temper when you open 'er up! Will definitely turn around and slap me across the face and kick me in the arse if I'm not careful.

BTW, my cruise control doesn't work. Any ideas? The green light comes on, but the buttons on the wheel doesn't do anything. They're said to work. Fuse???? Where?? I checked in the hood and in the engine compartment, nothing specifically labeled "cruise control". I REALLY wish it was working, the good ol' foot control is going to pin me a ticket and eat up gas the rest of this trip........

Oh no pix yet, because it's dark and I left when the sun was dropping. But will post up soon. Oh and I got it from a fellow prime member too. It's 90% stock, but this is what she USED to look like. I'd like to get her back to her former glory :-)

4139DSC00623.JPG

4139DSC00620.JPG

hope you have fun, i remember I got mine in Utah and drove it back to NY. i think it was like 2300 miles, we covered it in 43 hours

That is a great story. You did what I wanted to do but I purchased mine in Minnesota in January 2006. The drive was going to be 1250 miles and I was ready to do it but the weather was to unpredictable. You are correct the car does get some heads to turn and people are like what in the heck is that car ? What year is yours and how many miles are on it ?

whoa...thats weird...your car is like a perfect twin of mine...chrome wheels,black paint,Wings west kit.....I had to go look in the garage to see if it was still there:wink: ...have a safe trip....JZ

Enough NSXs in the driveway there?

Enjoy your drive!! I picked mine up from Houston as well, and the 2400 miles home were fantastic! Post some pics when she's all dirty and covered with bugs!

zahntech said:
whoa...thats weird...your car is like a perfect twin of mine...chrome wheels,black paint,Wings west kit.....I had to go look in the garage to see if it was still there:wink: ...have a safe trip....JZ

Well that's what she USED to look like. I got her 90% stock pretty much.

The pix are actually the last owner's so I have no idea about the NSX's :-) I dunno, they might all be his ? lol

I just spent the last few hours roaming around abilene, TX. Trying to find something unique or cool about the place......... Yeah.... there's NOTHING here.......

Great! I know that NSX that you just bought! Congratulations on the purchase!

As for the other car's, the silvers are Paul's and mine .. The red one is now in Seattle, I believe ...

Have fun with the car!! :smile:

Hey KoolAid!!! Congrats. Glad to hear another NSX will be in Colorado. If you pass through Trinidad on I-25, let me know. I'd love to see your car. PM me for contact info. Take care and congratulations once again.

Did you get her numbers? :)

It's always nice to see first time owner getting all the attention. Another evidence that NSX brings a lot of "wow and helloooo".

By the way, the NSX w/ the kit is sexy!

KooLaid said:
Well, i'm not home yet but I'm in Abilene, TX right now. Amazing how such a short distance can take SOOO long. I didn't get to see much from houston to here because I'm driving in the dark but I did get to meet some interesting folks on the way, lol. No joke though folks, the car gets LOTS of attention. I've had girls wandering up to me wondering if I'm lost and all I'm doing is standing next to the car checking out the map for what cities to look for. Well atleast their excuse isn't lame and they get to check her out. Every stop though, she sure turns heads. I'm loving it already! It's amazing though how what you have is never enough and the list of upgrades just grows, and grows and grows!

She isn't perfect and has a couple flaws but she's still one mighty fine lady. Nothing a lil money and precisions surgery couldn't fix, lol. I knew the car would be quick and fast, but NOT anything like what I truely experienced. Yikes! She's got one mean temper when you open 'er up! Will definitely turn around and slap me across the face and kick me in the arse if I'm not careful.

BTW, my cruise control doesn't work. Any ideas? The green light comes on, but the buttons on the wheel doesn't do anything. They're said to work. Fuse???? Where?? I checked in the hood and in the engine compartment, nothing specifically labeled "cruise control". I REALLY wish it was working, the good ol' foot control is going to pin me a ticket and eat up gas the rest of this trip........

Oh no pix yet, because it's dark and I left when the sun was dropping. But will post up soon. Oh and I got it from a fellow prime member too. It's 90% stock, but this is what she USED to look like. I'd like to get her back to her former glory :-)

4139DSC00623.JPG

4139DSC00620.JPG

I also have a couple pictures of the enclose encounters with wild life so far. Let me tell you, it's definitely NOT NOT NOT what you'd expect to see on the roadway. Will get those up asap.

I'll be going through Trinidad. I just PMed you. Feel free to give me a call at my cell. I shouldn't be in the area till the afternoon, later afternoon 4+ pm.

I was expecting a call to check out the NSX in Trinidad, I did gas up there, windy as hell might I say. So I just jetted when I gased up because I figured you'd call by then.

I had a couple close encounters with wild life in Texas by the way. The thing is, you'd NEVER expect it to be THESE:

14601DSCF0011-med.JPG

14601DSCF0010-med.JPG

14601DSCF0012-med.JPG

I wonder what type of damage a turtle/tortoise could do? The whole time I was worried about armadillos! And I didn't even see one! But somehow I nearly plow over a peacock?

So yeah, Texas is a HOT humid place. I didn't think i could escape fast enough at times. It seemed like I couldn't drive fast enough to make the miles pass! I think the best part of texas had to be.... taking the state highway 36 at night, late at night. No cops, no cars, hilly roads.

So during this whole trip I've had two run in with the law. One was at Commanche, TX. A tiny lil town where I gased up at the exxon. It appeared the young cop girl there liked the car :-) Apparently she knew the car MUCH better than the guys she was talking to also! Funny thing is, she said it's boring there, feel free to let her rip on the way out of the gas station :-) Cool cop chick. Then there was cop guy from Post, TX.... man, he was stern. he busted me like in a second! This was in one of those places where there was NO cars. CLEAR dry, straight road, and I get popped at 93. yeah, I was speeding, yeah it sucks, yeah my theory on them being flexible was garbage. Strange part was I blew past 2 other cops near the same speed and they didn't seem to car....... I bet they just radioed it in as I got closer to town.

The MOST HORRIBLE part of the drive had to be....... Highway..... 84? 87? That runs from lubbock, tx to amarillo, tx. It is 2 lanes each, HUGE median. FLAT. STRAIGHT. FLAT. NOTHING. EMPTY. For geez...... I'll just take a crazy guess, 100+ miles!

Then getting stuck behind 5 miles of semi trucks..... yeah. That was crap.

Best part of texas? Gas is cheap. The roads were VERY clean, VERY well maintained! Congrats on that texas!

2nd crappiest part of the drive was... highway 87 from colorado border to Raton, NM. I was hilly yes. But still VERY straight..... God that was horrible.

Best section of the drive? I'll say had to be I-25 from Raton,NM to Trinidad, CO. clean wise twisty road.

Over all opinion of the trip/.... It sucked. I was stoked, and it had it's moments, but two thumbs down.... the drive through NM and texas was just TOOOOOOOO boring!

Here's some picture proof. First ones are in the same place, just different angles to show what I remember seeing most often during my drive through texas. Then the second set is NM, the small part I did see. Ok so there are a few plateau... but the roads are still STRAIGHT.

Hands down, the NSX is one MONSTER of a beast at sea level and is SOOOOO much more fun when the road starts to twist around.

See, flat, empty, NOTHING. Flat as the eyes can see!
14601DSCF0013-med.JPG

14601DSCF0015-med.JPG

14601DSCF0016-med.JPG

14601DSCF0014-med.JPG

New Mexico...... lil more stuff, still pretty empty.
14601DSCF0018-med.JPG

BTW. Driving like a madman, I averaged 25 mpg. Then going a consistatnt smooth 80-90 mph, it went up to 27 mpg. My cruise control didn't work so it was cruise FOOT control

Back