new owner: Today!

BAG

Registered Member
I will be the proud owner of a '93 black/black NSX as of 7pm today.
What a work of art.......I'd never driven one till yesterday and hadn't seen one up close since 1991-1992.
Thanks to all who helped in my purchase.
BAG

Awesome, you're gonna love it....such a brilliant car! Was just marveling at mine again this morning as I was washing and waxing it.....in the cold! I hope my car understands what a big deal it is for me (who doesn't like to be cold and wet) to hand wash it in 40* weather with a slight breeze!

Last edited:
Bag I'm happy for ya! I want all the details dude and pictures just want to know all about it. You are gonna be mighty happy! Hope you got a good deal. Hope it's all you were after!

Last edited:
Here are some pics of BAG's Black on Black '93.......

4531520742_408824759d.jpg
4530888319_e69ac0671f.jpg

4531521082_713895077d.jpg
4530887757_7b680aaed1.jpg

4530887557_c93a28fe09.jpg
4531519598_883809f0ce.jpg

looks like a nice example,much luck with it.As was mentioned you will be doing lots of washing/detailing:wink:

Congrats don't forget to sign up and join NSXCA and donate to Prime.

Come out to NSXPO in Vegas this year if you can.

www.nsxca.org

My find:
First of all, I'm a novice car enthusiast who is minimally handy w/a wrench. Second, I've only been reading this thread for a few weeks.
Third, I bought this car w/o the knowledge of my wife. Fourth, I've been looking for "value" in the sports car world, as IMO it will be a buyers market for a long time to come.
My first experience w/purchasing a NSX was marginal at best. I was dealing sight unseen and never driven one before. BARNEY was instrumental in walking me thru the due dilegence process and I negotiated what we thought was a fair price. Didn't work out........
I thought: "how do these guys look for 2 yrs and spend all this time researching"
So.........
Rob reminded of an ebay nsx that was listed in northern Indiana w/ a questionable carfax/autocheck report. I called...not expecting much.
Holder was a friend of owner,open title, had "sold" it but hadn't received the funds. Car was 20 minutes from a lakehome I own, so I thought would be a good learning experience to evaluate. more to follow...

part 2:
I pulled into amish country into a 2 bay autoshop @ 630am.
Holder of the vehicle....not the owner...drove me to his home where car was located. Cover was pulled and I had to restrain my exuberance. I prolly gasped anyway. I superficially examined vehicle, checklist in hand.
Holder drove,in the rain, to his shop where I met Prime member Rob.
We went over the car, made a few mental notes, looked over some maintenance records, and went to lunch to discuss.
We called BARNEY and discussed a thermostat issue. BARNEY, what a great guy.
Rob was talking and I wasn't listening much..Pardon me Rob! I was formulating my plan to secure vehicle. I told Rob.."I got my plan, watch this." I was prepared to "walk" as I felt I was in a good negotiating position. After some haggling......I think Rob thought I was a little too greedy, we shook hands. "Smoking Deal," who knows. But I think Rob would own a second NSX if I hadn't bought.
I picked up last Sat. and can't quit smiling every time I see and drive the car.
My wife/kids love the car. My 9yr old wants me to get a new "porsche" so he can have the NSX.
Thanks to all who helped in my purchase.
Title and license today.
BAG

... But I think Rob would own a second NSX if I hadn't bought...

He's right. If he didn't buy it, I would have. :D

I'm glad you are enjoying it Brice!

Back