new owner to be.

Hi,

Am am new to the nsx scene.

Could i ask some questions please.

I am from the UK. I am currently looking into getting a NSX and will be tuning it to take peformance levels in line of Exotics, I understand what is involved in getting there.

To get me going through the summer next year my first two purchases will be a induction kit and full exhaust system and other starter mods to get me going before i really start going for it which will happen winter next year.

For both i want the best availible, what is the best induction kit? As for the exhaust system i'm not sure on heads would need advising on but rear box i am looking at possibly the Arc titanium or a taitec FN-09. I think the Arc would be better peformance and lighter however the FN-09 is meant to sound awesome!! apparently gives the car the F1 sound. Taitec also do a race single exit which is tempting and also sounds sweet however not sure i want that look. Then do i go for decats or sport cats?

Once again i want best peformance/build quality but i appreciate the Arc is probably much beter than the taitec but... i am so tempted from that sound.

Little about my history:

I have a Nissan 300zx TT. it pushes around 290bhp in stock form, it was tunned to 520bhp at the flywheel, i would like my nsx to be faster than that ideally. Anyway i then deiceded i wanted more power, took the car to what i was led to believe one of the best tuner garages in the UK. They had my car nearly two years, totally screwed me over and done hardly any work to my car. I supplied them with all parts, full engine package, right through to diffs, turbos etc. etc. you name it i had bought it aftermarket. It ended up having to pull my car away in bits and in a worse state i took it there. I decided it was time to move on and have started to sell the car as parts as it is worth more. especially seeing the state they had left it in. I considered many cars as a replacement but had to be japanese which led me to the NSX.

My 300zx I had to rebuild the engine when i got to certain bhp figures, what level can i take a NSX to before needing to rebuild then engine?

I always find this a good question... Supercharger or Turbo, i personally prefer turbo as i like the sound and it is more jdm however a turbo makes a car sound queiter, take a na 300zx vs a tt the na sounds better. adding a turbo to the nsx might take away that awesome sound. Turbo may produce more power but the supercharger is more linear and i doubt will take away that awesome sound from the nsx.

Now i am looking for a NSX, my criteria is manual, T-Top and 96 or newer. I can't decide over 3.0 or 3.2, what mileage is acceptable. There are a few for sale but one which i like happens to have 98,000 miles. Which being a super car that is very high milage in my eyes and don't want to buy another problem car, however it has been well look after, full honda service history and full respray by Honda within recent years. The price is also very good. it is £3-5,000 less than similar age and spec NSX however this example has allot higher milage. Keeping in mind i want to tune the car what would you go for? Also on a 98,000 mile car maybe the suspension and other parts may be showing signs of age.

What are your thoughts on first mods, e.g. induction, turbo plus anything else i can do to give me a lil extra power, what do you think about which model? and mileage?

Thanks,

Chris.

Is it Deja Vu or did we speak about this on NSXCB?

Mileage not an issue if the car has the history and passes an inspection, as long as it is reflected in the price.

Exhaust Gruppe M

Intake OEM

If 3.0 you will wil want headers too or 3.2 manifolds.

SC or Turbo, for us SC as there are not real tuners that I would trust and then you have the MOT to worry about. Do keep in mind that NSX parts are A LOT more expensive and scarce than other JDM cars.

yeap sure did.

It is always best to get second opinion.

Plus the States are hot on their mods and tuning.

There is that red one with 98,000 miles, it's allot cheaper than others listed for sale assuming because the mileage.

My 300zx cost about £5000 6 years ago.

I could be spending four - five times that.

Sale of my parts has gone well and i now have enough for the 98,000 mile nsx, i don't want to rush into anything though and not sure if it is worth waiting for another instead of jumping straight in.

this is it. http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...radius/1500/postcode/cv81nq/page/1?logcode=pp

There is a guy selling one on autotrader for £30k!!! 95 auto, he is having a laugh, maybe a NA2 but a 95 auto, yeah right.... joker.

Back