New owner saying hi!

Hi guys, just wanted to quickly introduce myself! I had to sell my other weekend toy first (supercharged TSX), but I'm happy to say I finally found the dream car I've been lusting for since I was 12:

She's a 1997 Acura NSX-T (6-spd, 3.2L), Spa Yellow/Onyx Black with 44k miles. She is in such immaculate condition, I could hardly believe it when she came off the truck. I looked for swirl marks and saw next to none - pretty remarkable for a 16 year old car! The previous owner(s) obviously took great care of her and I intend to do the same.

The car was shipped from Chicago and just arrived this AM. She was pretty dirty, so I gave her a quick wash. Unfortunately, there's salt/dirt on the road so I probably won't be able to drive her for at least the next month or two.

The NSX has been a "bucket list" car and I now finally have one. I haven't stopped smiling all day. Seriously, my face hurts :biggrin:.

Last edited:
welcome to ownership of an iconic car! Where do you live?.....Oh and how is Capt Picard?:tongue:

Beautiful NSX - congrats! Always a great and memorable moment seeing your new car come off the trailer. Love the color , the wheels, and your driveway! Looks like it was well taken care of - you're gonna love the NSX experience. Cheers, Jay

congrats I always think yellow was sexy on the NSX. but I figured out berlina black is the....fastest color.

bucketlist item removed continue with the remainder items on the list.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the warm welcome. I've been trolling these sites for several years (even before I officially joined) and the NSX community seems extremely friendly and helpful. I hope to both learn and contribute in the future, especially considering I plan to own this car for the rest of my life!

welcome to ownership of an iconic car! Where do you live?.....Oh and how is Capt Picard?:tongue:

I live in Stamford, CT. I've already spoken to Chris (nsxot1c) a few times and am looking forward to meeting more Northeast owners this coming Spring.

And for me, DAYTA is actually not from Star Trek - it comes from the movie The Goonies. It was my pledge name back in college because I was always the Asian kid with all of the gadgets :wink:.

Awesome - congratulations! Love that color. Looks like it's been really well kept. Any pics of your prior ride? Supercharged TSX sounds like a pretty sweet ride too.

The TSX was a fantastic car to own and mod. I really struggled with selling it as I wanted to keep it, but I just bought a house and financially I couldn't swing 3 cars (also have a APR'ed VW Tiguan as a DD).

Here's a link to my old car:

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/1st-gen-image-gallery/54448-dayta-worthy-totm-aug-2011-a.html

I can't tell you how hard it was to part her out - so much time and money invested. However, I learned so much from modding her which I will carry forward to the NSX.

More pics!

Unfortunately it's raining outside. She's not leaving the garage for a while, but more pics will come soon enough.

congrats I always think yellow was sexy on the NSX. but I figured out berlina black is the....fastest color.

bucketlist item removed continue with the remainder items on the list.

Berlina Black was the other color I wanted. I went back and forth between them both, but when this baby popped up I couldn't pass on it. Got a great deal from another Primer (Captainjman) and I really do think it's a striking color. A little on the loud side comparatively, but hey...it's a NSX we're talking about here!

Welcome and congrads on the NSX Jason! Great Christmas gift to yourself! Sad to see your TSX go but I'm sure the same thought and meticulous detail you utilized on building the TSX will be put towards the NSX. Enjoy!

Welcome. Car looks great. My first NSX was purchased on the 23rd of Dec 2004. It's the gift which keeps on giving...

...the yellow is great...

Car looks great!! Love it. Still have the 17/18 setup if you're still ready to upgrade!!

Welcome and congrats on your purchase. That is one exceptionally beautiful yellow specimen!!! More pics please!!! :wink:

Btw, are you planning to add a front lip to it? I've heard rave reviews about the WW front lip and so I put one on order. :biggrin:

Regards,
Tyler

Last edited:
Welcome to yellow NSX ownership. It is by far, the fastest color (and best looking!). Join the NSXCA and come on some of the NE events. I'm not far from you, right on the NY/CT border (Greenwich/Rye Brook). Not much driving for you for a few months, so shine it up and get ready for springtime!!!

Thanks again, guys. Still haven't gotten a chance to drive her yet, and we have a Noreaster rolling through so that probably won't happen for a long while. The suspense is KILLING me!

Car looks great!! Love it. Still have the 17/18 setup if you're still ready to upgrade!!

Thanks bud! I'm still waiting to hear back on my thing, but once I do I'll definitely let you know.

Welcome and congrats on your purchase. That is one exceptionally beautiful yellow specimen!!! More pics please!!! :wink:

Btw, are you planning to add a front lip to it? I've heard rave reviews about the WW front lip and so I put one on order. :biggrin:

Regards,
Tyler

I am planning to add a front lip, and I actually already purchased one - a Shine Spec-GT lip spoiler direct from Shine Auto. However, after rethinking things I think I'm going with a WW lip instead. That means my Shine Spec-GT will be going up for sale very soon in case anyone was looking for one...BNIB, never opened :smile:.

Welcome to yellow NSX ownership. It is by far, the fastest color (and best looking!). Join the NSXCA and come on some of the NE events. I'm not far from you, right on the NY/CT border (Greenwich/Rye Brook). Not much driving for you for a few months, so shine it up and get ready for springtime!!!

Great to meet another NE person. I grew up in Greenwich myself so I'm pretty familiar with the backroads around here (Lower Cross off North St is one of my favorites). Can't wait to come check out the events this spring!

Back