New Owner Questions

Well, I took the plunge and am flying to DC Saturday to pick up a '95 midnight pearl & tan w/ 45k mi. My wife (her new car) and I are taking a leisurely cruise back to the southland, at which time I'll take a pic. or two and post.

I've been reading A LOT of posts/FAQs on Prime lately. Also got some good input on manual vs. auto trans. awhile back... went with the manual.

Anyway, here's a couple of quick questions: Did all NSX's come with a "titanium" key? The current, and second, owner said he only got two standard keys with the car that, interstingly, was ordered and owned first by olympian Michael Johnson or 200m, 400m and gold shoes fame. Other than the key, what other owner items would a '95 come with?

The car has aftermarket rims, so I'm not sure if they're 16/17's or perhaps 17/18's. Very unique wheels, but not sure if we'll keep them. In any case, it will need rubber very soon. This car will see 15-20K mi/yr with 95% of it highway, wet handling a must. I'm thinking Dunlop SP 8000's. Any better suggestions for this type of driving?

I'm not sure but my 91 came with a titanuim key and I was under the impression that all years did. Things to look for with the car would be(and some of this was optional, but certain PO's like to keep them till you leave then sell them on E-bay):
Matching color floor mats (for example, my interior is Ivory & had black floormats so they wouldn't show dirt, but the Ivorys were in the trunk)

Original Window Sticker and all Records

Owners Manual

Factory Bra

Factory Car Cover

Trunk mat w/logo

Cartridge in CD Changer

Some things are removed for weight or cosmectics like:

Spare tire & holder

Engine cover

Tools & Air pump

If it has aftermarket wheels, radio, exhaust, etc...Ask for the Original Equipment

Hope this helps.

Back