New owner of a 96

Hi everyone. I just got a 96 from the original owner. In great condition but does have typically wear items.

first thing I want to fix is the slow windows, then the CCU, and maybe touching up the wheels.

any advice to a new owner?

Taking delivery on Wednesday. Pics soon after.

Congrats and enjoy. Someone I'm sure will chime in on the windows but the ccu briank is the master at rebuilding them. Send him a pm

Congrats and welcome to one of the best forums on the web. You'll be able to find virtually every bit of information about fixing, tinkering, modifying, driving, etc etc on here. Of course no one on here will even believe you have the car unless you provide pictures :biggrin:

From another 96 owner welcome.

here are some fairly obscure tips that should be helpful.slam on the brakes really hard about once a month to exercise the abs system.get some honda silicone grease,it's called shin-etsu,and use it on the weatherstripping,some of it is really expensive to replace. remove the targa roof frequently and drive around on beautiful roads.welcome from a '95 owner,basically the same car.

Last edited:
And if you haven't already found it, check out the NSX Wiki part of this site .. which you can find on the red action bar at the top of most pages. Lots of good stuff there .. some dated .. some new.
For the slow window issue, search on Hugo or prime username hugabuga who created a revised design for the window regulator which eliminated some of the drag. He sold kits for DIY. I believe that prime user Angus still sells them.
Good luck

Please be black, please be black, please be black. I am biased after all :tongue:.
All good advice above. Also, in the wiki is a photocopied service manual for a 91 in .pdf form. If pdf's aren't for you, I highly recommend getting a paper copy from these guys if you plan on doing any DIY stuff.
Most important bit of advice, enjoy your NSX!

Lucas

Looks great. Congrats.

very nice...not too many black /tan t roof cars made.

Congratulations and welcome :cool: I recommend upgrading to the '02+ wheels instead of retouching your current ones.

+1. Not cheap...and these wheels are getting more rare by the day but it REALLY updates the car.

Thanks for all the tips guys. This forum has some very useful info. I took the door panels to see if greasing up the window would help. My Acura tech sold me some silicon spray to lube it. Driver side is slow going up, passenger doesn't work at all. With a bit of spray the driver side works better but still slow, may have to remove and see if it's aligned. Passenger side was a shock. The previous owner tied the wire up to lock the window in place, need a new pulley system. Anyone in the Sacramento area that could help me out or knows of a shop to repairs this at a reasonable price?

Back