new owner of 93 white/blk

Ok, I've now traded in my race car, both alfas, and my vintage race car and purchased my first NSX.

I would like to thank each member for their postings on the web as it did help me to narrow my search.

This was an ebay buy.....so I'll see at the dealer (in NJ).

I will be looking for lots of help in the coming months as I work on the 93.

See ya this next week!

Definitely congratulations are in order. My wife and I have only had our 2001 for about 2 weeks and today we took a great drive with the top off across the bay to Half Moon Bay for a wonderful lunch at Barbara's Fish Trap Restaurant, 281 Capistrano Road, Half Moon Bay, CA.

We had a great lunch and saw the Alpha Romeo and Lotus club were assembled in the aprking lot next door. It was a great day to enjoy your toys.

Then as we were driving home I commented to my wife that I had yet to see another NSX while we were in ours. Not thirty minutes later, as we were north on Interstate 880 in San Lorenzo approaching the 238 interchange to take 580 East, I spied a blue NSX with the top off comming north in the number 2 lane. They began honking and waving and we returned the greeting. It was cool to see another couple out enjoying their beautiful car too.

Brought the baby home, wiped it down and covered it until next weekend. Can't wait.

Cairo

Thanks for the kind words.

Actually as I've aged just a bit I no longer liked fighting with the top on the cobra or just the upkeep on the other classic cars. After looking at a number of classic sports cars my wife and I decided on the NSX.....air, heat, great styling, and wonderful handling.

After talking extensively to another NSX owner about his car (94 blk/blk w/18,000 miles) we narrowed the search down to 92 to 95's. We are looking to upgrade the wheels and air box at first and then just enjoy the car and see what we think about other options. This car only had 58k with all service records so it looked reasonably safe.

I really have enjoyed this forum and look forward to helping anyway I can. This car will NOT be just hanging out in the garage. Life's too short.

See you on the road. I will try to pick up the car either on Wednesday or Thursday....so until then.

irace2win41 said:
We are looking to upgrade the wheels and air box at first and then just enjoy the car and see what we think about other options. This car only had 58k with all service records so it looked reasonably safe.

Congrats on the car, great color choice! I can completely understand about upgrading the rims, but I'd skip the airbox if I were you. There is no power there, and an increaseed risk of premature engine wear. If you are looking for power, I'd start with some headers.

Good luck, enjoy the car!

Thanks for the advise. Ok, I agree, do the wheels and see what's next. I really liked the HRE wheels on the GP White postings.

Flying up to NJ possibly on Wednesday or Thursday to pick up the car.

Congratulations!

P.S. Hint for a new owner: Most people don't call it an "X". Most of us call it an "NSX". :D

irace2win41 said:
This car will NOT be just hanging out in the garage. Life's too short.

Welcome and congraulations you'll never look back! And good advice, too many people on here don't ENJOY their cars enough. Get out and DRIVE it and enjoy it.

Back