New owner of '91 NSX in Sacramento..

I finally bought the car I've been watching a coworker drive for the past three years. '91, Red (still w/ black top)/Ivory. Its a high mileage daily driver and has its share of cosmetic problems, but mechanically it seems to be in very good shape. Shop maintained, has SSR Comp 17/18, Hennessy exhaust, Koni's with stock springs, swaybars and possibly a chip (owner was told by previous owner that it had one but never verified). The only thing I plan on doing is putting Bilsteins on to lower it a bit.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I can, but I have a question for everyone. How can people own these things and NOT want to drive them all the time? This thing is sooo much fun to drive. I'll have 500 miles and a "mild" track on it this week. :smile:

Dan
Rocklin, CA

Congrats Dan! Is that Ed's old car? If so, Tony did a great job of taking care of it for all those miles! He takes care of mine...And yes you will want to drive and drive and drive!

Hehe, I like your comment" the only thing I plan on doing". If this were only true, once the mod. bug bites, there seems to be no end.:smile:

How can people own these things and NOT want to drive them all the time? This thing is sooo much fun to drive. I'll have 500 miles and a "mild" track on it this week. :smile:

Dan
Rocklin, CA

Is not that "they/we" don't want to drive them. When you have kids, the kids don't fit; therefore, the other cars get driven more with the family.

Welcome aboard. Bet you had a blast on the track.:smile:

Thanks for the response guys. Yeah, its Ed's old car. As far as mods go, I don't plan on taking it on the track very much, so any mods would be for the street. I seriously doubt I'll need anymore power for the street, I'd rather get my speed jollies on the kart track, so the Bilsteins will be to lower it a little bit. That said, you can never say how you'll feel or how you'll act until you've been there! :smile:

The track event is this coming Saturday at Infineon. I plan on following my son around the track in his E30 325i with a video camera in my car and since this is the first time out in the NSX, I don't plan on pushing it.

Dan,
Congrats on the NSX. There are several of us out here in South Placer and I'm sure we'll see you around.

Welcome, Hope you enjoy the car.

Congrats on the 91...high mileage?...who cares - its a Honda!! Mine has tons of miles on it...and she still goes like Jack the bear and gets lots of looks as she roars by!!

Dam:cool:

Very Phat and Sic 91 Berlina Black Beauty
18/19 Niche Rhine Rims
Tein Adjustable Suspension
Dali Exhaust
Wings West Full Body Kit

Back