New owner in search of mechanic

Finally, I can wake up early in the morning, take a ride. Wake up on the weekends and take a ride. Hell I can take a ride anytime I want. Oohh what a good feelin....Just purchased a 91 Nsx with 34K miles. Previous owner died last year and had the car since new. The person who purchased it, after being given to a dealer and sold on consignment, has just sold it to me. He didn't have any work done on it, for as he states, it was like new to him. Now it is new to me and appears to be in immaculant condition. However, I can't locate any records on any service done to the car. Hence, I am in need of a mechanic, right a way who can look over the car. Perhaps this should have been done prior to the purchase, but I got too excited and jumped on the deal, knowing better....I live in the Inland Empire, So. Cal. Any help with finding a mechanic would be greatly appreciated.

nsxrider said:
Finally, I can wake up early in the morning, take a ride. Wake up on the weekends and take a ride. Hell I can take a ride anytime I want. Oohh what a good feelin....Just purchased a 91 Nsx with 34K miles. Previous owner died last year and had the car since new. The person who purchased it, after being given to a dealer and sold on consignment, has just sold it to me. He didn't have any work done on it, for as he states, it was like new to him. Now it is new to me and appears to be in immaculant condition. However, I can't locate any records on any service done to the car. Hence, I am in need of a mechanic, right a way who can look over the car. Perhaps this should have been done prior to the purchase, but I got too excited and jumped on the deal, knowing better....I live in the Inland Empire, So. Cal. Any help with finding a mechanic would be greatly appreciated.

Look under member list. MrTed. He is a NSX owner and a Honda/Toyota tech in Westminster. Reasonable pricing and a wonderful personality. PM him.

congrats on the new NSX purchase. Sounds like a really good deal. My only suggestion would be to NOT drive it any further until you get the timing belt/water pump service completed. It would be ashame to damage such a low mileage engine.

Thanks guys for the information, all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Continuing with the fun.....anyone else out there your comments are welcomed as well. Received some positive inputs from friends about a shop in Huntington Beach, which is where I will go, if for the time being there is no other place. However, they can't see me before the 12th of July and they are quite a distance drive. Don't want the car to sit in the garage until then and at the same time, don't want to make a costly mistake. I feel very fortunate to be able to own such a fine machine. BTW on my way home from purchasing the car, at my 1st stop light, someone yelled out NICE CAR, now that just doesn't happen quite that often to me...yeah, yeah, yeah...

nsxrider said:
Thanks guys for the information, all suggestions are welcomed and appreciated. Continuing with the fun.....anyone else out there your comments are welcomed as well. Received some positive inputs from friends about a shop in Huntington Beach, which is where I will go, if for the time being there is no other place. However, they can't see me before the 12th of July and they are quite a distance drive. Don't want the car to sit in the garage until then and at the same time, don't want to make a costly mistake. I feel very fortunate to be able to own such a fine machine. BTW on my way home from purchasing the car, at my 1st stop light, someone yelled out NICE CAR, now that just doesn't happen quite that often to me...yeah, yeah, yeah...

get used to it..... both when stopped and while moving.... i've had people yell out their windows as they drive past :cool:

nsxrider said:
Congrat's on the purchase and welcome to the cult of ownership.

I can't personally recommend any mechanics in the IE (BTW... if you add your location to your profile, it will help the rest of the community assist you more easily as they can then tell your location w/o searching through your threads).

However, I can personally recommend John Martin and his team at Cerritos Acura as well as Ron and Shane's shop Autowave in Huntington Beach. Neither are exactly next door to you but both do a lot of work on NSX's offer reasonable pricing and do very high quality work.

There are other, less expensive options for you as well, and I don't mean to disrespect anyone but in my experience (and only my experience) those are the best two options in S. CA.

Back