New owner in Houston :)

So I had been thinking about getting another Honda again and all that stuff. I wanted something that I could grow with and not feel the need to replace again. So the quest was on and it eventually led me to Orlando this weekend to go pick her up.

1992 Berlina Black with white interior NSX. 84k on the tach and a serious ring binder of all maintenance since mile 1. The car has been pretty well kept over the years, and just to show how reliable it was I drove it back from Orlando this weekend. Stopped off in New Orleans for a little late night fun along the way also. I think I put just over 1000 miles on the car from the trip and stopping off to visit friends along the way home. Started up as good as it did when I was handed the keys. All I can say is what a car or rather what a dream car.

10.JPG

11.JPG

4.JPG

1.JPG

14.JPG

9.JPG

IMG_20131110_104415.jpg

And the crummy shot of me driving it home. lol I'll take better pics when I get a better cell camera or dslr. Time to upgrade anyway.

IMG_20131109_175503.jpg

Initial thoughts on the car so far if your curious;
-The drive was pretty smooth over all. It has coilovers which I think aren't good so there was the typical bouncy coilover feel below 60mph.
-Never came with power steering, but with no engine in the front and 215s under the front arches it is pretty easy to turn the wheel. Even at a dead stop. Massive amounts of feedback through the wheel as you drive. It feels very "Raw" feeling.
-The car sits low. Seriously low to the ground. You definitely feel how low you are when you get in and out of it. Also being so low, at night you are blinded by headlights. I mean seriously blinded. I will be looking into getting an auto dimming rear view like I have in the M3 if possible.
-Gas pedal is taut feeling which I really like, brakes are really good, but the clutch engagement is very high. I'll see about adjusting when it engages if I can.
-It takes turns like it is on rails, but I can feel the tires start to edge towards their limit early. They are definitely not very good tires. I forgot what brand it is. Eagle F1s maybe? I'll check later.
-Fifth gear feels like it is spaced farther away from third than First is to Third. Not sure if that's just me being a clutz or if there's any truth to that. I was told a short throw shifter might fix that feeling. We'll see.

That's all I can really say for now. I'll update the thread when I get something new in or if I take it to the track for some fun. First thing is to bring it in for a complete overhaul with belts, gaskets, hoses, etc. Followed by getting it inspected and adding some plates. I'll be buying some parts, build some parts, and hopefully get a bracket made for a new style rotrex. All in good time.

Jones

Last edited:
Welcome to the club! Beautiful car you got there.

There's a lot of NSXs here in Houston. Make sure you take it to Carl at C&M Honda, he'll take good care of it for you.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Glad to be a part of the club. Putting it in the shop Wednesday for a complete update on parts(i.e. timing belt, water pump, belts, plugs, etc)

Clutch engagement is high on these cars, to my knowledge, you cannot adjust it.

Welcome! love the car, I have white interior on Berlina also, Great find :biggrin:

Those are some seriously beautiful wheels! What kind are they and specs?

The car looks very well kept! 5th gear is overdrive btw and it's the 1-2 shift that's the lazy one unless you have the JDM gear set.

Clutch engagement is high on these cars, to my knowledge, you cannot adjust it.

Usually there is a rod going from behind the pedal through the firewall. I know from the ones I have adjusted on other cars there is a way to adjust a nut that changes the engagement point. I haven't had a chance to check on this car yet though.

The car looks very well kept! 5th gear is overdrive btw and it's the 1-2 shift that's the lazy one unless you have the JDM gear set.

Thanks. :) I know what the gear sets are. I was more or less talking about the travel from 4th to 5th. It felt sloppy compared to the others. It may just be a combination of the stock shifter height and stock shifter throw. I'll be upgrading both to see if there is an improvement.

Those are some seriously beautiful wheels! What kind are they and specs?

Enkei pf01 wheels. 17/18 I believe. I don't remember the offsets off the top of my head. Sorry about that. Thanks for the compliment. You all have really good looking NSXs as well.

I just moved to Houston from Louisiana about three months ago. Not sure where the local meets are here. PM me some information on them if you don't mind.

Welcome to TEXAS & Congrats on your NSX!
Looks like you found a Nice One! Enjoy!:biggrin:

IMO... Don't out the front plate on. They hardly enforce that law though it's technically not legal.

I was going to ask that honestly. I see most cars with it, but some don't have it. I really didn't want to put it on the car if I can avoid it. Someone told me they really only stop you in Houston for plates if they believe you look suspicious of something.

Welcome to Texas. Nice Find. I know you will enjoy it.

Yes but only a few folks usually. It's generally good but so early and so far.

Nice car! Congrats.

I'm really interested in about you building a bracket for a rotrex ;)

Congratulations!! Make sure you talk to me or the Houston guys before you decide to do all the maintenance stuff. We have a NSX tech who works at a Honda Dealership. Does great work at great prices.

Thanks Boosted. Building the bracket will not be a problem at all. I am more concerned with whether or not the heat soak from the rotrex and positioning will be an issue. At the moment, the angus kit with a small turbo may be a better option. I would just have to do a few changes to it. One of my friends who owns a shop in Killeen is telling me that a smaller turbo would be much better. I hate lag, and I have been in a rotrex civic before. The power is perfectly linear throughout the curve.

I just saw a black NSX coming back from lunch on Westheimer heading towards 610 a few minutes ago. Not sure who it was, but it was nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Ritesh. I already have it at a shop getting worked on. The guy's name is Will from IDB Racing. He's worked on my M3 a few times, and has restored NSXs before. He gives a really good price on work, but I am always open to other options.

Back