new owner here! need alignment

Hi everyone, just bought my 92 Red/Auto from a prime member, thanks david:wink: !enjoyed it very much. dream of this car for a LONG time, and finally i can get one for myself. anywayz, i'm from NYC and i need alignment for my car, any good place near/in the city? (sorry for my poor english):biggrin:

o by the way, i'm always in downtown manhattan, soho/chinatown and sometimes go to flushing, could like to meet other members from NY:biggrin:

Acura NsX Pilot said:
You just missed a huge meet today over 30 cars

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65751

i know, i really wanted to go, but i can't:frown: . i'm sure i'll show up for next meet.

and... i thought over 50 cars for this meet, heres the list from the offical threat
1. Me-The Kid
2. RPM217- Roger
3. TurboLexus-John (PS: glad you got another NSX...I was worried for a bit)
4. Climberao-Alan but unfortunatly not coming on the drive-for now
5. NSXLNT
6. NSXTCY85
7. Wasenda
8. Zennsx
9. Jalnjr- Master of Ceremony and Chairman of the Board
10. Bandit
11. Winreboot
12. Drifter
13. Larry Bastanza
14. Danny Giovanneti
15. Garys91NSX-Gary
16. Paul- service customer from my dealership
17. Ruined 2-good choice on attending
18. Jh_nsx
19. TypeRTurbo
20. Jim Clifford- either his 2000 CTSC or 2005 NSX
21. KingkongNSX
22. TheDon
23. Paul M
24. randai
25. clembeauch
26. vintageracerNYC
27. scottnoah
28. roman
29. darcon
30. Russ
31. NSXR2
32. nsxot1c
33. Oscar
34. Jadkar
35. John Koches
36. Russ A
37. Daniel B
38. Scott Koenig
39. Peter and Sylvia Mills
40. Bandit
41. Perry Rabe
42. racerx24
43. sjones
44. nsxtacey
45. RSO 34
46. Peter M.
47. mashimaroNSX
48. Djjoonie
49. Howard G.
50. Frank T.
51. speedjunkie
52. Mike H

djjoonie said:
hey derek and sam, im glad to hear you are enjoying the car!!

i asked the same question you asked to members here, pbassjo from www.vincesautobodyworks.com (nsxprime member) said he can help getting the alignment done.

sup, yeah we enjoyed the car. i've pmed larry, but i didn't get his reply yet. o.. don't forget to show me your new ride when u got it:cool:

topman2005 said:
sup, yeah we enjoyed the car. i've pmed larry, but i didn't get his reply yet. o.. don't forget to show me your new ride when u got it:cool:

I would think any reputable shop could do the alingment as long as they have a good machine. The data for doing the alignment is usually in there data base no guess work involved.

You may already know this, but I just want to point out that NSX tend to burn out the inside of the front tires which may make you think that you need alignment.

KingkongNSX said:
You may already know this, but I just want to point out that NSX tend to burn out the inside of the front tires which may make you think that you need alignment.

oh, didn't know that, thank you for your info. but i need alignment because i have viberation when speed over 60mph, and the previous owner has told me i need to check the wheel balance.

topman2005 said:
oh, didn't know that, thank you for your info. but i need alignment because i have viberation when speed over 60mph, and the previous owner has told me i need to check the wheel balance.
Alignment and wheel/tire balancing are two different things.

Sounds like you need your wheels/tires balanced, not an alignment. Any competent mechanic (including independents) can balance NSX wheels and tires. Just make sure you point out the jacking points along the side of the NSX to them, and that they use those to lift or jack up the car.

Sounds like tires balance is needed. If you have alignment issues, the car would tend to either pull left or right on a smooth road.

KingkongNSX said:
Sounds like tires balance is needed. If you have alignment issues, the car would tend to either pull left or right on a smooth road.

the car is tend to pull right alittle bit as i noticed, not so sure since the steering is pretty tight, have to check it out again tomorrow, i think westside highway should be smooth enough for testing:biggrin:

topman2005 said:
the car is tend to pull right alittle bit as i noticed, not so sure since the steering is pretty tight, have to check it out again tomorrow, i think westside highway should be smooth enough for testing:biggrin:

You mean the west side raceway ?

I think the only smooth portion is between 54th and 72nd

Back