New Owner from NorCAl

Hello all, just joined NSX Prime. My name is Chris and I have a crazy wife: she came home with the keys to a 2005 Formula Red NSX-T 6spd for an early 50th b-day present! Needless to say I was blown away, and both speechless and sputtering at the same time. God love that woman! BTW, she is in PR and she worked on the PR accnt for Acura's launch of the NSX in 1989...she got to drive the car way before I did.

I've always loved the NSX and dreamed of owning one....never a Porsche or Mercedes as are so common here in SF Bay area. I've not been able to wipe the grin off my face. What a joy to drive...and the engine sound at higher revs is as beautifull as any sound coming from the stereo.

Anyway, hope to ake some friends here and learn more about my and other member's cars. Any members here in SF Bay area?

take care,

Chris

Welcome and congrats. Pics and details please?

Congrats Chris and welcome. There is a large group of us here in the Bay Area and in Sacramento. Hopefully you can make it to one of our meets/cruises some time.

BTW - Post pics soon or you will be banned...........:biggrin:

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome....

I'll post pics ASAP.

No, this was not the bank owned car on Craigslist. This was prev owned by a guy in Valencia CA. I bought from Acura of Concord who acquired it down south. They had it for sale originally for $72,888 and got no action at all. They then listed on ebay for $59,000, which is when my wife and I saw it. Several people lined up at the dealership to drive it when we test drove it. Pulled the trigger 2 days later. The price we paid included an extra year of bumper to bumper warranty plus a power train warranty for 7 yrs/100k from in-service date (10/05).

Details:

05 Formula Red/tan interior
21,831 miles
all stock - no mods in or out
Newish tires--Bridgestone Potenzas

LOVE this car!

BTW, anyone have a good hardwired ipod solution and a shop referal to do the workl?

thx,

Chris

Hey Chris,

Welcome! BTW - a good wife is hard to find, so I'd say you hit the jackpot! Happy early 50th!

It is also neat that she had a connection with the roll-out.

Anyway, keep grinning and totally enjoy your sweet ride - with your wife next to you!

Do a search on this forum for the iPod - it seems to me there have been a few threads on the subject (I'd do it for ya, but you need to do some of the work on this car!!!)

Best regards,

Hi Chris and wife! Echo Cybernsx's post.
Saw this car on EBay Motors, and I was also hoping that it found a suitable home. :wink:

Welcome:smile: Awesome story and smoking deal, you're a lucky man. I had to by my own.:wink: Love to see some pics...

BTW There is an Ipod adapter shootout in the Electronics thread. I have a USA Spec adapter.

Add a nice aftermarket exhaust and some high flow cats and it will sound even better!

Congratulations

Yes, she has a sister.....but she's a tall one....6'1" in bare feet!

I'm posting pics of my new ride in a few mintutes.....

Chris

Ok, here we go.....

Attachments

• IMG_0280_edited.jpg
    IMG_0280_edited.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0286_edited.jpg
    IMG_0286_edited.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 96
Congrats!

Sounds like you have an awesome wife. I need to find me someone just like her......

Thanks again for the warm welcome....NSX'ers are a great bunch!

I have to say I'm still getting used to the red color/exotic car look and all the attention it gets....I'm not an attention getting sort of guy usually.

To be honest, the car really wasn't completely out of left field.....
We are both turning 50 this year and had been talking about a nice weekend car for some time. Then the economy went into a tale spin and we were going to wait even after we test drove it, but she surprised me 2 days later. I guess she really doesn't want a car for HER birthday!

I can only guess what her present is going to set me back :eek:.

Chris

Thanks again for the warm welcome....NSX'ers are a great bunch!

I have to say I'm still getting used to the red color/exotic car look and all the attention it gets....I'm not an attention getting sort of guy usually.

To be honest, the car really wasn't completely out of left field.....
We are both turning 50 this year and had been talking about a nice weekend car for some time. Then the economy went into a tale spin and we were going to wait even after we test drove it, but she surprised me 2 days later. I guess she really doesn't want a car for HER birthday!

I can only guess what her present is going to set me back :eek:.

Chris

Hey Chris, In all sincerity I can say, after four years of ownership, I still cannot adjust to all the attention this NSX gets! I mean I cannot even pluck a buggar while driving it, 'cause someone is always looking... :biggrin:

alum04org--that's why I save all my buggar plucking for the Prius!

Congratulations Chris! Your wife is a keeper :smile: you look terrific in the nsx top down, enjoy!

Yes, she has a sister.....but she's a tall one....6'1" in bare feet!

I'm posting pics of my new ride in a few mintutes.....

Chris

forget pics of the car... i need some pics of the sister... hahaha!!

Back