new owner from Middle East

Hi everyone,
i would like to interduce my self as (becoming) a new NSX owner, but not a new honda owner.
my first car was a 1999 Civic hatch which later i went FI and turbocharged it and sold in late 2004.
in Jan 2004 i bought the last 2003 euro spec Civic type R silver from UAE honda dealer as they never brought them in bahrain (i was the only CTR in Bahrain back then, which later someone brought another one), i started working on it till today which made it look like JDM CTR..:D it also got some cams, hondata, race headers, exhaust, intake mani etc.. everything. :P
also have a SWRT style 2003 Subaru STi with all HKS bolt-on's (1 of 4 STi's in Bahrain) :biggrin:
plus my drag/street B16A 10k rpm 1992 Civic EG built by Dsport magazine which i run low 10s in it and got the SFWD championship in the last season at Bahrain drag race championship..

and.......
Finally, i will have my NSX (sooner or later)

here are some pics of my cars... enjoy ;)

my ex Civic hatch
1888_1108033433.jpg

my CTR...:D
DSC05419.jpg

my STi
DSC03541.jpg

my SFWD EG
8014_1184769690.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome and Congrats on your purchase. :smile: Wow, you have a lot of questions, I think you should do some searches with those keywords and you'll find your answers. :wink:

I suggest you change all the fluids, install new sparkplugs, do a 60K service which includes a valve adjustment and fuel & air filters. Price is probably different where you live but in the US it was around $800-$1000.

The TB/WP will cost you around $1500-$1700 US. You may want to do the cam plug seals also. This is a must do item for cars with over 7 years on the TB.

Air intakes are for sound as there is no measureable benefit. I run a OEM air box and snorkle. You may want a DownForce Scoop like most peeps.

Most popular suspension setup for street cars is the Bilsteins and factory springs on lower perch. 7/8" drop.

NSX-R Shift knob from SoS is what I have...very comfortable.

Floormats are pretty cheap from Ray Laks Hondaworld in NY.

The antenna mast can be replaced. Check with Ray Laks again.

ALSO:
Be aware of the window fixit thingies for the window regulators as the design had a flaw that was corrected in later models.

Door handles are failing also, there are billet replacement parts available.

Check the # on the transmission to see if you have a car within the snap ring failure range.

The stereo is prone to amp failure BrianK on the forums repairs them.

Climate Control Units are prone to failure ...BrianK again. He's the man.

Enjoy the Car!

Congrats looks nice. Take your time with the mods alot of choices. The rear valence under the bumper has been painted it should be black. Welcome to the club. Your due for timing belt service, tensioner, waterpump, thermostat.

Taitec JGTC Parallel exhaust and headers

Prime Member brianK http://nsxe-repair.com/
Parts http://nsxpartsdb.com/parts/

Congratulations on your new ride. Excellent exterior condition. Looks like you need to add one other item to the fix it list (not urgent). Your power antenna doesn't seem to go all the way down. If that's the only NSX in your country, then you will get the stare when you drive your NSX.:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

So do you just pop on over to your local Bahrain Acura dealer, where they of course have a fully-trained NSX tech, waiting to do the work on your car? And I thought I had it bad in Arkansas!
:smile:

Welcome and Congrats on your purchase. :smile:

Air intakes are for sound as there is no measureable benefit. I run a OEM air box and snorkle. You may want a DownForce Scoop like most peeps.
thanksss, which one is that? i couldnt find it!

NSX-R Shift knob from SoS is what I have...very comfortable.
who is SoS?

The antenna mast can be replaced. Check with Ray Laks again.

can't i just remove it since i'm going to paint the whole car leter, and have those small onés without going up and down!?

Check the # on the transmission to see if you have a car within the snap ring failure range.
oh no!

The stereo is prone to amp failure BrianK on the forums repairs them.
yeah i have the left hand speaker not working...:rolleyes: checked BrianK's website... i think this is what i need.

Congrats looks nice. Take your time with the mods alot of choices. The rear valence under the bumper has been painted it should be black.
yeah i didn't like it, will repaint it black again soon.

Taitec JGTC Parallel exhaust and headers
isn't it load inside the cabin?

that's too much info... i love those websites... :tongue:

So do you just pop on over to your local Bahrain Acura dealer, where they of course have a fully-trained NSX tech, waiting to do the work on your car? And I thought I had it bad in Arkansas!
:smile:

that's one of my biggest problem.... when i first had my 1999 EK, just few months later and i had a CEL, i didn't know much and how to check it, so i took the car to them to check it... they had the car for 3 days and didn't know what is it...:confused:
i just took the car to my friend to check it, he looked here and there until he found out that the TPS was craked..
since that day i didn't take any of my cars there...
just another time when i bought my CTR, i bought a hondata reflashed ECU which needed to be coded... a whole day they had my car, and next day called me, and said we donno how to do it....
i just hate going there again, so i asked my friend yesterday if they got any better, he said that when he took his S2000 for a service, the "service supervisor" was like, what is S2000? is it a honda? IMAGINE!!!!

actually the dealer had the NSX 2-3 years back and changed some stuff for it, but not really sure what they changed... waiting for the previous owner to get me the receipts and see... i just hope it's the timing and those stuff...

otherwise i have to keep the car in my friends garage and take my time to work on it with my friend who built all my cars.
he just hate it when everytime i get him something new to work on! :rolleyes:

I would also suggest changing all of the radiator hoses. I think the arid weather in Bahrain would dry those out pretty quick. Not too expensive and definitely worth the peace of mind.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the board!

welcome to prime! i think i seen ur STi here......... but nways welcome again enjoy ur new toy!..............:wink:

Welcome to Prime!

Perhaps we need to start a Middle East Chapter of Prime as we are starting to see alot more NSX's in this part of the world.

PM if you need help with the car like you have...keeps me busy at work ;)

Jetpilot

Nice to see that the NSX is finally spreading itself around. In my country there are perhaps about 35 NSX's, although the number is slowly growing. Must be nice to be the ONLY one :smile:

As for your questions, most has already by said above.
First of all, make sure all maintaince is up to date. That's the most important aspect if you want to enjoy your NSX for a long time.

As for as your antenna is concerned, you might want to lube it with some thin oil when fully extended. Then, turn of the radio so it will retract. If it does not fully so, just push it in for the rest of the way. Good chance that with some oil and exercise, it will eventually retract fully again.

Also, you might want to consider the Smartenna to make sure your antenna stays down if you are playing CD's.

If you want to do a 02 conversion, I would suggest getting the 17/17-inch combo. Most people with aftermarket wheels however, go for the 17/18 inch.

For shift-knob, I would suggest a round carbon knob. Feels excellent and shifts wonderful.

Performance wise, I would go for a good set of headers and exhaust. I myself have Taitec headers and Taitec GT-lightweight exhaust, but others are ok too. Just don't go cheap on them. Since you are a long way from the US, it might be expensive to get another pair when something cheap would fail.

well... it turned around not to own that car.. :frown:
the guy called me a week later to give me my money back and decided not to sell it... i think i should have paid him full amount on that day and transfered it under my name same time... :rolleyes:
i'm forced to import one from the States now. already found couple of NSXs, just need some time to decide. wish me luck :smile:

in Bahrain 95 octane is cheaper than UAE (cheaper than small bottle of water), bottle of small water is 1/2 letter which you buy it for $0.28, with that amount you buy 1 letter gas... :P

but for some reason UAE gas is much much better than us which i've tried on my ex 99 turbo civic, i ran max of 14psi before it detonates on Bahrain gas, with UAE gas i ran up 18psi without any knocking...!!
on my CTR, with our gas when you pop up the hood and look at the engine, you see it vibrates A LOT, with UAE gas it's damn smooth....:frown:

Back