New owner from ITALY

Hello to everyone ! My name is Emanuele and I'm 30 yo guy from Italy. I finally make my dream come true, buying a red HONDA NSX (in Europe is Honda and not Acura, but it's the same). In the document it's a 96, but there is a problem. Since in Italy, because of the Ferrari authority the NSX was never official imported, my car, as all the other NSX in Italy, was imported from other countries in Europe. Now : how can I understand which year is my NSX ? Someone could help me ?

For everyone : I live in TORINO, north of Italy. I have some friends who work in Sparco, therefore I can get seats and stuff from Sparco really easily and at really good prices. If someone wants some info, let me know, I will be glad to check for you guys.

From Italy.... Emanuele ! Sorry for my not perfect English.....

Welcome Emanuele,

To know which year is your NSX look at the VIN. Here in Europe, it's the number right after the "T" which indicates the year your NSX was build.

ex :
T0xxxx = 91
T1xxxx = 92
T2xxxx = 93
T3xxxx = 94

Regards,

Hello Emanuele and welcome!
Some other easy stuff to check: do you have two airbags? Do you have the 5 or 7-spokes wheels?

Only one airbag: 1991 or 1992
Two airbags and 5-spoke wheels: 1993
Two aribags and 7-spoke wheels: 1994-1995-1996

I know your doubt, in Europe it is a mess to know the Model Year of a car, since only the first registration is written on the documents. A Swiss friend of us bought a 1997 with only 15k km in 2001 that in reality was a 1991 that waited in a showroom without being registered until 1997.

:(

Welcome Emanuele and congratulations on your NSX!!

Hope you have many wonderful years driving it around while others are waiting for theirs from the shop!

Are you watching any of the Giro d'italia???

Hello Emanuele, I sent you a private message two days ago (I see that you did not read it). To read private messages you have to click on the "user cp" tag on the top/center of the webpage!

:D

congradulations on your purchase.

a bit off topic.... my wife and i are going to milan in september for 10 days. I wanted to drive to modena for a ferrari factory tour but I can't seem to find any info on google. do you know how the tour works? do i have to make an appointment or can i just go? also, do you know of any exotic car rental companies in Italy? Auto Europe wants over $10,000/week for a 360 Modena... a bit high for me.

thanks

I just got back from Italy yesterday!

Nicholas421
You don't need to schedule a tour of the Gallaria Ferrari, if that is what you are asking. They have all sort of cars in there, and it is well worth the drive from Milan. They are open from 9:30am to 6pm everyday at it costs 9.5 Euro. If you are asking about factory ASSEMBLY tours, I am not aware that they offer those but that doesn't mean they don't. Call the Galleria Ferrari and ask them at +39 0536.943.204 or e-mail them at [email protected]

Post pics!

Emanuele
Congratulations on the NSX and welcome to the forum. You live in a gorgeous part of the world! Send us some pictures from last week's weather and try not to get caught by the new Lambo on the autostrade!

Buona sera Emanuele. Congratulazioni a suoi acquisto. Mi chiamo Frank (Francesco) Guido. Scusare a mia Italiano. Io capisco piu di io potere parlare o scrivere. Non ridere. Io avere 1996 NSX. Che bella macchina.

Ciao! ;)

nicholas421 said:
congradulations on your purchase.

a bit off topic.... my wife and i are going to milan in september for 10 days. I wanted to drive to modena for a ferrari factory tour but I can't seem to find any info on google. do you know how the tour works? do i have to make an appointment or can i just go? also, do you know of any exotic car rental companies in Italy? Auto Europe wants over $10,000/week for a 360 Modena... a bit high for me.

thanks

nicholas, maybe I can help here: as pointed out, visiting the Galleria is quite easy, just arrive there and enjoy!

For the factory, it is something reserved to car's owner and it is organized via Ferrari dealership. If you can fake a lot of interest for a Modena or a Maranello before September, maybe you can get one though your local dealership... :p ;) otherwise it is not possible. :(

Renting exotics is very expensive everywhere in Europe: from 600$/day for a shitty Boxster up to 2000$/day for Ferrari or Lambos. That's normal unfortunately... :( :( :(

INFO FROM ITALY

If anyone want, I can easily call them from here (it's really not expensive as call Italy from USA) and ask whatever you want. If you want, simply make me a list of questions. Emanuele

Back