New Owner Finally!!!

I've been a long time lurker here. I sold my S2000 to get the NSX. Man I miss that car. I look forward to meeting some new friends here. :cool:

Mike

3226268273_c4044b252d_o.jpg

3226208877_bf6e1c8c8e_b.jpg

Congrats and nice to see that you picked the best color:biggrin:

Congrates on your "upgrade". Your going love your NSX and everyone on NSX prime has been more then helpful and willing to help when needed since I bought my NSX about a year ago.

Welcome to Prime! Enjoy it!

Man I miss that car.

First congrats, on the new car. I have driven a couple of s2000's, nice cars.
I give it 72 hours after owning the NSX and you will not even remember ( nor care ) about a s2000.

Welcome and Congrats :smile:

I think you will prefer the comfort and agility of the NSX over the S2K. After you drive your car a while maybe post up some of your thoughts.

nice pick up! I am on s2ki as well...

I also have an NSX as a possible upgrade to my S2K. I'm getting bored with mine so it's either modify the S or different car (NSX, M3, 335i, or STI Limited).

What can one expect that is moving up, specifically from an S2K? How much more interior room is there? Is the gearbox as good? Handling differences?

Last edited:
Welcome to NSX Prime!

I too am a S2KI member "Jetpilot" as I previously owned an 07 AP1 (yup our S2000's in the UAE are still the original 2.0l engine with 9k redline).

The best garage in my mind is having both an NSX and S2K.

BTW - lovely NSX. The red is the only color that works best with the Tan interior IMO.

Jetpilot

Congrats on the new car! I'm really digging your old S2000 too. Care to share any info on that car?

Congrats!
I noticed that the black cover in front of the radiator is also painted red. They sould be just plain plastic.
Steve

The previous owner did a poor job on repainting the front bumper. It will be one of several weekend projects to paint it black again.

Welcome and Congrats :smile:

I think you will prefer the comfort and agility of the NSX over the S2K. After you drive your car a while maybe post up some of your thoughts.

The NSX feels very similiar to the S2K, just much more refined. The driving position feels like I'm sitting much more lower to the ground than a S2K. Its different but I will get used to it eventually.

nice pick up! I am on s2ki as well...

I also have an NSX as a possible upgrade to my S2K. I'm getting bored with mine so it's either modify the S or different car (NSX, M3, 335i, or STI Limited).

What can one expect that is moving up, specifically from an S2K? How much more interior room is there? Is the gearbox as good? Handling differences?

The NSX definitely has more room in the cockpit than a S2K. I'm a short guy but I've always felt clastrophic in the S. The gearbox is just ok in the NSX, the lever is too long and notchy. It doesn't even compare to the gearbox in a S which I think is the best out of any car I've driven. But it does sure handle like a race car on rails.

Congrats on the new car! I'm really digging your old S2000 too. Care to share any info on that car?

I had about 350 to the wheels running a Comptech SC with a smaller pulley. There are several folks with a similar setup pushing 400+. Some other mods I had were a Mugen hardtop, Zeal coilovers, Work emotion forged wheels etc.

What suspension is on the NSX? She's low.:wink:

Bilstein shocks and H&R springs

Last edited:
just lookin at those two pics... i dont see how u can miss the s2k! look how gorgeous that nsx is

Congrats on your NSX. Your NSX looks excellent. How long did it take you to find this NSX since you started looking?

Welcome to your new home:biggrin: One never forgets purchasing their first NSX...it is such a great machine...and it is such a true pleasure to drive! Having owned my 91 for 3 years, I have become more critical of the other exotic cars that are out there...and I am just not blown away by Ferraris and Lamborghinis any more. The NSX is absolute brother...truely absolute.

Dam :cool:

Congrats on your NSX. Your NSX looks excellent. How long did it take you to find this NSX since you started looking?

Not long at all. I found it on autotrader and the place was local. The dealer wouldn't budge on the price at all so I left. I got a call back with a lower price so I decided to buy it about a week later. :biggrin:

Congrats and nice to see that you picked the best color:biggrin:

And, you picked the best interior color too! Of course, I have a special place in my hart for 95 Red/Tans!

You will notice that your S2K was more nimble, particularly at slow speeds, but all other facets of driving will go to your NSX. Also, keep that top off, its the only way to go, unless your going over 90!

Congrats,

Mario

Welcome to Prime, just like you I came from 9K to hummm 8.5K ?? I love your interior!

Now, start the Bolt on mods!
Oscar

I've notice how heavy the steering is compared to the electronic powered steering in the S. My arms are going to get bigger.

I hate the tan interior. Y'all who love it can trade me your black interior. :biggrin:

AT10556383-800px-p3.jpg

Last edited:
Back